Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Ooer

Author Topic: Ooer
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prepare to step through the gate all over again! A third television series in the hit Stargate franchise is now in development, GateWorld has learned.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rock.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That seemed unnecessary.
With all the new cast members on SG1, why didn't they just fire/retire the actors for Carter, Teal'c, and Daniel. This season of SG1 practically IS a spin-off already.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, I got scooped. [Razz]

Anyway, MY guess is that they will be continuing with a refined Earth-centric Stargate show, but finally making the wholesale name, team and setting changes they've been slowly making for a while now.

Remember, for season 9 of SG-1 they were seriously considering re-naming the series to "Stargate Command" to reflect the new enemies and heroes that were being introduced. The initial plot of Mitchell coming in with Landry, and re-uniting the old team (sans O'Neil) to fight the new Ori threat was supposed to be the pilot. According to the S9 commentaries, the producers were considering the re-branding until late in the development, possibly even after they'd started shooting the show.

Now, with SG-1 REALLY ending, and a semi-break happening with SG-1 off the air and Atlantis and two SG_1 movies to tide us over, they've got a chance to start as new as possible. Get rid of the old team, move the Earth gate to a shiny new international facility, and start from scratch with a fresh team for further adventures in the Milky Way. Hell, switch it up by moving the production to Calgary or Toronto, so we can see a whole different set of evergreens. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps