Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Harsh Realm

Author Topic: Harsh Realm
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anybody seen this show yet? I say it last week (the pilot) and this week and I must say the show has potential. It follows through with Carter's theme of dark storylines, which seem to work. I enjoy his shows, but I never saw any of Millenium. What are your comments on the show?

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page
Now with only 1 popup!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I forgot to mention that I liked the Prodigy music in the pilot

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page
Now with only 1 popup!

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited October 16, 1999).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, uh, if you've never seen any of Millennium, you've only really seen one Chris Carter show, haven't you?

------------------
"Quadrilateral I was, now I warp like a smile."
--
Soul Coughing

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Good point

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page
Now with only 1 popup!

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seen the first episode, and it was okay. But it's
on the same time as TGIF, so I won't watch much of it

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
http://www.phix-it.com/~perseus/

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is the single most frightening thing I have ever heard. And just in time for Halloween, too.

------------------
"Quadrilateral I was, now I warp like a smile."
--
Soul Coughing

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the pilot and Leviathen were really good. It seems after the second episode that the show will have a continuous arc in every episode, unlike Carters previous shows (which have a mixture of arc and stand-alone episodes), so it will be very interesting to see where they take the story line from here.

I like the characters so far as well. Hobbes has already proven he has flaws (he can be quite an idiot sometimes) to balance his good points as well. And I liked the Lance Henrikson and Gillian Anderson (voice only) cameos

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Don't forget Santiago himself. He was in a few X-Files eps, as well as the movie.

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page
Now with only 1 popup!

Chimaera
Ex-Member

Quite true, although he played a larger role in Millennium as the recurring character Peter Watts.

------------------
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it. And will continue to. My only gripe is that it's sort of like The Matrix. Virtual world in which real people live in. I'm sure you can see the other similaries.

On a personal side note I just know soon people are gonna start asking me if I based my name off the main character in this show.

------------------
"This is where the adventure is. This is where heroes are made." - Dr. Bashir
Federation Starship Datalink - Now with a pop-up on every page...damn you Tripod!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish he would get rid of "le petit moustache". Get a big fat beard instead.

------------------
-You're crazy!!!
-Funny, I thought I was pisces!

Chimaera
Ex-Member

I must admit that I definitely thought of The Matrix when I was watching the premiere, but aside from the fact that both involve a computer generated vitual reality, and the allussions to Hobbes being some kind of "chosen one" who will bring an end to the Harsh Realm and Santiago, the two are actually fairly different. And, depending on where they take the show from here, I think the differences will grow with time.

------------------
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps