Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Patrick Stewart signs as Professor X

Author Topic: Patrick Stewart signs as Professor X
Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the dream *may* become reality: There will be an X-Men movie [this may be old news to some, breaking news to others, and a complete bore to RW]

after months, years of fan speculation, "dream teams" and rumors, details have been released: Backed by 20th Century Fox, the director is Bryan Singer [of "The Usual Suspects."]

signed so far:
Patrick Stewart = Professor Charles Xavier, wheelchair-bound psychic and technical genius, founder of the X Men

Ian McKellan = Magneto, high-powered supervillain with electromagnetic powers, and kin of Prof X

Dougray Scott = Wolverine [cult hero] super-violent Canadian berserker with animal sense of smell, indestructable skeleton, and razorsharp fore-arm blades

Halle Berry = Storm, 'Mistress of the Elements'

Anna Paquin = Rogue, twenty-something Southern gal who can absorb strength and memories from others...but can't associate with ordinary people without hurting them

Rebecca Romijn-Stamos = Mystique, shapeshifting villainess

Tyler Mane = Sabertooth, Wolverine's arch-enemy, savage berserker

Still uncast are Cyclops and psychic Jean Grey (allegedly tried for by a certain ex-Borg blonde we all know.)

The teaser poster shows Wolverine's trademark blades crossed in an X

YES!

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tsk tsk, Xentrick. Not only have the cast been picked, they've already begun filming some of the scenes.

Uh...I couldn't tell you who Cyclops is, but Jean Grey is being played by one Famke...Johnson? Jenn...son? That evil Bond lady.

------------------
"Quadrilateral I was, now I warp like a smile."
--
Soul Coughing

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLOO!!

Famke Janssen, very famous Dutch woman

HERE is the full up to date cast list, including Cyclops.
Beast and Iceman are going to be fully CGI.

Oh, and someone called Ray Park is there too

------------------
Presenting the NX-59650. It can slice! It can dice! It can seperate into THREE parts!!
Now available with THREE FULL warpcores!
But wait! Buy now, and get a free number upgrade to NX-74913!

To order, call: 0800-PROMETHEUS

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited October 21, 1999).]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*is agog at the sight of "very famous" and "Dutch" used in the same sentence*

Nah, kidding. 8)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Famke "metamorph" Janssen, former mistress of Picard.
She's, like, the perfect mate!

------------------
-You're crazy!!!
-Funny, I thought I was pisces!

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . and, bizarrely, also featured in Altair's "safe sex" signature.
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes, the save sex sig.....

------------------
Presenting the NX-59650. It can slice! It can dice! It can seperate into THREE parts!!
Now available with THREE FULL warpcores!
But wait! Buy now, and get a free number upgrade to NX-74913!

To order, call: 0800-PROMETHEUS

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray Park? Cool!!!! I'd rather have him play Wolverine, but oh well. And who, or what, is Toad?

And according to the info, Dougray Scott is not Wolverine anymore. Who is Hugh Jackman?

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited October 23, 1999).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Full of questions, aren't you?

The Toad is a rather pitiable character from way back when. Original member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, etc.

------------------
"Quadrilateral I was, now I warp like a smile."
--
Soul Coughing

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda like Igor, actually. Crawls around on all four and giggles. But he can sure jump.
Actually, I think Ray Park should've been Quicksilver, Magneto's son.
Besides them both being blonde, (well QS is gray-haired, like his old man) they're both skilled in martial arts. Plus, QS is in a tough spot, on the one hand trying to do good deeds by his moral standards, and on the other hand wants to please his father. Magneto being a supervillain, Quicksilver is put in a position where he sometimes must make decisions he might regret. Kinda like a Jedi whose path isn't chosen. Dark Jedi or...um...bright?

------------------
-You're crazy!!!
-Funny, I thought I was pisces!

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christ in a bottle, but I thought that the cast list whose URL is posted above said that Michael Marsedn was playign Cyclops!
I nearly had a turn until I realised my error.
Thankfully.

Actually, I can't wait to see Ian McKellan as Magneto. He's a great actor.
Now there's TWO Shakespearean actors in the film, and Bryan Singer directing (which I didn't know). Things may be looking up.

------------------
"Fire, Fire!" said Mrs O'Dwyer.
"Where, where?" said Mrs O'Hare.
"Down in the town." said Mrs Brown.
"Lord bless us and save us"
said old Mrs Davis.
"I never knew a herring was a fish."

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would be nice to see Prof X and Magneto quoting Shakespeare during one of their battles. Harkens back to Kirk vs Chang.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps