Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Sanctuary - New SciFi Series This Spring

Author Topic: Sanctuary - New SciFi Series This Spring
the dancer of spaz
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!

Has anyone heard about the new online sci-fi series? A bunch of Stargate cast and crew members, including Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood and Damian Kindler, have started production for the first few episodes of a whole new, interactive series where viewers can provide feedback on what they're looking for with the stories.

You can get a bit of a better look by visiting (LINK DELETED BY KRENIM).

I think the premise sounds pretty cool, and I hope the series works out!

[ February 17, 2007, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: Krenim ]

IP: Logged
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you can promote a spam series?
Each week, the spam cast will boldly join a new website searching for adventure and inevitible banning...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, to be fair I was going to be making a post on this too...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He still just joined to SPAM.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But what if it weren't an online series, but a regular television show? I've heard of this project, I think it's fair game.

(But if Mr. Spaz disappears immediately, then his purpose becomes obvious, of course.)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a legitimate topic, regardless of how it was intended. It's not something that we wouldn't have heard of otherwise, it's a well known event. I'm looking forward to how it works out, personally.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but now we're giving the spamvertisers the satisfaction. I'd rather someone here had started a thread.

Regarding viewers shaping the series, I hope it won't be in a "tyranny of the masses" kind of way.
Most of the productions I've seen where viewer input decided the content have been wholesome and weak. Because, like with Lrrr of Omicron Persei VIII, anything other than what you've seen a thousand times before will make you uncomfortable and afraid.

If the producers narrow the available options down, of course, maybe they can safeguard against such a scenario. You can't choose the "he was wearing a bulletproof vest!"-scenario.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As much as it is something that would interest us, it does look like it was intended as spam. If you all want to discuss this series in another thread, by all means do so. But since the discussion here seems to only be about whether or not this is spam and whether or not its harmless, I'm deleting the link and closing the thread, as usual.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps