Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BG : "A Day in the Life" (spoilers)

Author Topic: BG : "A Day in the Life" (spoilers)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it just me, or were Adama's intentional hallucinations of his wife just a little too much like the Cylons' ability to imagine themselves into different surroundings? Either the writers are trying to tell us something, or they ought to have done things differently. Anyone else agree?
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking the exact same thing. I've already got a coworker swearing up and down that Kara is going to turn out to be a Cylon, now he's going to be saying the same thing about Adama?

I think that under normal circumstances, this kind of drama would've been a perfectly natural method of exposing and developing conflict for Adama. But considering the similarity to Baltar's hallucinations and the Cylon projections, it was either poorly considered or else a lousy clue.

If it turns out that Adama is a Cylon, they might as well ALL be Cylons!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting that they're advancing the Adama/Roslin thing. At least it's better (to me) than watching the train wreck that's Apollo & Starbuck. And from the "bonus" scene, they're getting noticed.

Minor nit: They mentioned that Roslin's shuttle was docking. Okay, but why didn't they just dock her entire ship again? For that matter, how is a shuttle supposed to dock with her ship at all? I don't see any docking collars (unless they're hidden), and it's not big enough to fit the shuttle into the cargo bay.

For once, I think we've finally had some realistic effects from a decompression. I'm glad the result of this was Callie and Galen trying to make their marriage work. That's the big reason I don't watch ER anymore - no realistic marriages or relationships!

So, can we move on to Baltar's public lynching already?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well next week it seems that he'll become another Karl Marx.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Minor nit: They mentioned that Roslin's shuttle was docking. Okay, but why didn't they just dock her entire ship again? For that matter, how is a shuttle supposed to dock with her ship at all? I don't see any docking collars (unless they're hidden), and it's not big enough to fit the shuttle into the cargo bay.

My guess is that docking Colonial One would basically put the entire landing bay out of commission for the period of her visit... would they be able to retrieve other ships or launch Raptors while the (relative) monstrosity is wedged inside the bay? If she planned to stay there all day, it would make sense to just shuttle over instead.

Plus, Colonial One has its own hangar bay... remember when Lee took his old fighter aboard way back in the miniseries? I'd guess there's enough room to fit a Raptor in there...
quote:
So, can we move on to Baltar's public lynching already?
I was going to say that it looked like that's what next week's episode is about, but they already pulled that trick with us two weeks ago, showing Zarek foaming at the mouth and making it look like that's what the entire episode was going to be about, when instead it was a lame allegory about prejudice being bad and silly faith healers. Damn television promos.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
Plus, Colonial One has its own hangar bay... remember when Lee took his old fighter aboard way back in the miniseries? I'd guess there's enough room to fit a Raptor in there...

True, I didn't even think about using a Raptor. I was assuming they were using the large shuttle, which definitely wouldn't fit (according to official sizes):
 -

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also possible there's a smaller shuttle design we just haven't seen. Something Raptor sized, but civilian. I do wonder though how the cargo bay functions compared to what we saw in the mini. For the look of it it would appear the entire floor opens up, though as I recall that section was full of civvies which makes decompressing the compartment somewhat tricky.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps