Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Connections to other sci-fi universes

Author Topic: Connections to other sci-fi universes
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I was watching Independence Day the other day, I started to realize that this movie seems to have more direct connections to various sci-fi universes than any other movie. Here's who I saw:

Mary McDonnell - First Lady / BSG - President Roslin
Adam Baldwin - Major Mitchell / Firefly - Jayne
Brent Spiner - Dr. Okun / TNG - Data
Jay Acovone - Area 51 guard / SG1 - Kowalski
Rance Howard - Chaplain / B5 - Sheridan's dad

About the only major universes I couldn't connect to were Star Wars and Farscape, but I only listed the ones I noticed personally. So, can anyone do better?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the IMDb, there's no-one in common between Independence Day and "Farscape".

However—and I dare you to get more obscure than this—Lev Mailer, who did uncredited post-production voice work for Independence Day, played "Imperial Guard #1" in "The Star Wars Holiday Special". So there you go.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill Pullman was Lone Starr. And of course, Jeff Goldblum. Margaret Colin was on Now And Again.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill Pullman was Jeff Goldblum?!? That's impressive acting!

[Big Grin]

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, take a close look when you watch Bad Boys. In Will Smith's character's apartment, there are a bunch of pictures. One of them is of him in a flight suit next to an F-18. Not a sci-fi connection, but I appreciated it.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps