Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG-1 DVD releases

Author Topic: SG-1 DVD releases
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just a question for those that have season of SG-1 on DVD. When I first was introduced to SG-1, I watched season 5 on DVD (not the best to start with, I'm sure). I noticed that the title sequence was odd. Since then I've seen all of SG-1 and own s1-3 & 5, borrowed 4 and I eventually want to own the whole run. What I've since discovered is that the season 5 DVD set (both original run and slimpak release) has the "Children of the Gods" title sequence in every episode. Seasons 1-4 had the regular title sequence (save CotG, natch). I'm wondering if there is a reason for this? Do other seasons use the same sequence? I forget if the season 6 sequence was changed (more than adding Corin Nemec), but I know for season 7 the sequence was changed.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While the series was run on Showtime (seasons 1-5), they had two versions of the show made: a "Showtime" version which was occasionally a bit more mature, had no commercial breaks, and which had the COTG opening; and the "Syndication" version which cut the episode up for advert time and which had the shorter clip-based opening. On the DVDs, they used the more exciting (sic) clip-based opener for the runs mentioned, though the Showtime edit was always used for the episode itself. I guess by the time they got to the fifth season the show had been taken over by Sci-Fi and no one cared anymore...

On Sci-Fi, the show had only one opening sequence for first run or syndicated cuts, though the commercial-less cut style was preserved on the DVDs. The opening was more or less the same for season 6 save for the swapping of Shanks for Nemec, and then in seasons seven and eight they changed it wholesale to put Shanks back in and give him the "and" credit. Finally, they didn't even HAVE an opening sequence when they went to season nine, but the fans hated it so much that they hastily put one together which was used for season ten as well with only slight modification.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Australia, They always used the CotG intro (the Ra Mask/Sarcophagus) it was only in season 7 or 8 I think did they showed the 'compilation of clips' intros. That was when it was aired on Terrestrial Television - I have 9 seasons of the DVDs - I haven't watched any of them yet!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps