Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Something for us BSG fans

Author Topic: Something for us BSG fans
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Missin' Galactica? Well a group of fans are developing a freeware Galactica game based on the FreeSpace 2 engine. They've already made a demo and its Friggin sweet!

http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3502

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been waiting for this for forever. Freespace(the original and the sequel) are two of my favourite games ever! Plus BSG, one of my favourite scifi shows ever. It can't possibly go wrong! I've been eagerly looking at the updates over the last year or so and the graphics just look stunning, especially considering this is a fan production. They even improve upon the look of the original game, which was pretty darn good.

Gosh, I'm starting to gush.

Ooh, and they're making a Mac version!!

*downloads demo*

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you play the demo, don't skip the training level. It's has the most stunning model of a planet I've ever seen. I also recommend putting your settings way high, you won't regret it. Also make sure you configure the launcher so that it launches the game at a 1024x768 resolution.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HOT DAMN! And here I was just the other day commenting to a coworker and fan that someone needed to do a BSG combat sim. He'd been fiddling around with the Viper model for X-Plane, but this is much, much more awesome!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

You should see the pics and videos. Its almost like watching the show.

http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2831
http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1839

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I just creamed my shorts (metaphorically speaking). Words fail me...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DROOL....... I've also been anticipating this for a long time. That download took me nearly an hour from my work connection (dialup at home), but it was WORTH IT!!!! My only complaint was that I couldn't play around as much as I wanted to. Beautiful!

Now to get this multiplayer thing figured out...

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
When you play the demo, don't skip the training level. It's has the most stunning model of a planet I've ever seen. I also recommend putting your settings way high, you won't regret it. Also make sure you configure the launcher so that it launches the game at a 1024x768 resolution.

Hee hee, I played the tutorial on a whim to see if there were any different features they'd added to the original controls.. my eyes practically popped out of my head when I saw that amazing picture of Earth. Truly stunning.

The only downside when I'm playing is that my computer's quite old, so the sound takes some loading when characters talk over the comms, and this leads to lag(usually at the exact moment I would have had a perfect shot [Wink] ).

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps