Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Doctor Who - The Infinite Quest

Author Topic: Doctor Who - The Infinite Quest
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a "Clone Wars"-esque animated serial of three-minute epsiodes, broadcast weekly as part of the "Totally Doctor Who" children's companion programme to the main show. As previously mentioned in another thread, it's a 13-part story with the Doctor and Martha (voiced by the actors), and apparently a space pirate played by Anthony Stewart Head.

The first episode has now aired (and I'll leave it to you to find it yourselves). As kiddy cartooney things go, it's not bad, even if it feels very rushed, far more so than the "Scream of the Shalka" serial from '04. It's got the usual Doctor Who feel to it, with Tennant's animated persona chewing the scenery as usual. Martha isn't given much to do here, probably because the animators hadn't been given much on the character at the time, so she's left saying things like "Wow, Doctor! That's amazing!". Hopefully subsequent episodes will fix this.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps