Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Horror Films

Author Topic: Horror Films
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given that today is Halloween, I figured I'd get the ball rolling on horror movies. So... which do you like best?

Note: This is a General Sci-Fi Forum, so those movies with no sci-fi or fantasy elements need not be discussed.

------------------
"Captain! I must protest! I am NOT my neighbour's dog!"

- The First One, TrekSunday chat, Oct. 17, 1999.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hard to find a horror movie without any of those elements. Silence of the Lambs, perhaps.

------------------
"Stirs a large iron pot. Casting a spell on Vermont."
--
John Linnell

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Virus! Haha, no. That movie sucked.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
http://www.phix-it.com/~perseus/

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Event Horizon is the only Horror/Science Fiction movie I've ever seen, and I didn't like it that much. Then again, I don't like Horror movies in general.

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

IP: Logged
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alien. Alien was a very gothic-feeling horror movie in an undeniably science-fiction setting.

It was also unusual in that it's sequel was actually a slightly different genre: Action/Adventure.

--Baloo

------------------
If this is the future, then where are all the flying cars?
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Event Horizon was quite fun, if only for the nice sets and the smug feeling I got by predicting the next few plot twists before they happened.

------------------
"NO! NO! Kill you all!
Die! MAKE YOU SUFFER!!!"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horror/Sci-Fi? Well, a few years ago, I was watching this hideously low-budget film (I'm at a loss for the name) where a lawyer or something had been run over by a car while trying to save his daughter's dog, and some scientist-guy took his body and converted into a master killing robot, who shockingly (Gasp! ), turned on his creator and had to go and kill either his daughter or her dog. I couldn't figure out which. It was scary as hell, I'll tell ya. Although, I think they were going for a comedy.

Seriously though, it would have to be Alien. Pretty darn scary, especially when I saw it at eight years old at my best friends house. I couldn't sleep, so we stayed up and played 'Super Mario Bros.' on our Nintendo Entertainment System , because that wasn't scary at all.

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll give that one a miss, Magnychops.

"Candyman." Top film, very surreal, great music, Tony Todd. Also VERY scary. I saw it in the middle of the night at Uni, then went to bed. Couldn't sleep. Then someone knocked on the door. Leapt through my skin. It was all my friends who'd been out to a club (I'd gone, then left because I wasn't enjoying it) to let me know that one of them had been beaten up.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps