Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » First image of Harrison Ford in Indy 4

Author Topic: First image of Harrison Ford in Indy 4
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't look half bad for an old fart! [Smile]

http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_indy4.php?id=223

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cate Blanchett... Nice!

I can't believe it's been that long since Last Crusade came out, but I'm so glad this movie is finally getting made. They say it takes place in the 50's... how does that line up with the other three? I can't remember. Obviously, that means no Nazis.

Any clues as to what the subject is?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raiders was set in 1936.

Temple was identified onscreen as being set in 1935, which would make it a prequel, though historical comments in the film about the Japanese bombing Shanghai would make more sense if it was rather a year later, in '37.

Crusade was set in '38.

There really isn't much of anything known about the story at this point; most of the rumors that have gone around originated with previous, rejected scripts.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Uh, scratch what I said about the bombing of Shanghai. Although the Japanese did bomb the city in 1937, it seems that they had first done so in 1932. Besides, if the film were set in '37, the second Sino-Japanese War would be an ongoing conflict and the city would be under military occupation.

I'm glad to be wrong, as it eliminates a perceived continuity error! [Big Grin]

Still doesn't explain why Indy says he doesn't believe in magic in Raiders, though, given his up-close-and-personal experience with it in Temple... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was no magic. Nothing there that can't be explained away by science.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know. Ripping people's hearts out and drug induced hypnosis is one thing, funky rocks that spontaneously glow white hot when you chant at them is something else.

Perhaps he was lying?
Remember he gave a class in archaeology where he went on about how X never marks the spot?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Nazis, perhaps. Maybe some "ex"-Nazis? Or perhaps run-ins with Commies?

Shia LaBeouf seems to be getting a lot of big-screen time recently.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Cate Blanchett... Nice!

I can't believe it's been that long since Last Crusade came out, but I'm so glad this movie is finally getting made. They say it takes place in the 50's... how does that line up with the other three? I can't remember. Obviously, that means no Nazis.

Any clues as to what the subject is?

Also nice (but for a TOTALLY different reason) John Hurt as Abner Ravenwood and possibly the return of Karen Allen!

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooooohhh... sweet.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Take that with a grain of salt mind you, as it comes from the likes of IMDB & Dark Horizons.

--------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad Sean Connery isn't in this one. Would be interesting, three generations of Jones.... there would certainly be a lot of banter in that respect.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps