Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Guess Who's Back? [Doctor Who Series 4 Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Guess Who's Back? [Doctor Who Series 4 Spoilers]
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kyle did start out as an actress on the same show that gave a start to Guy Pearce...ok, I know, that's an extreme example, point is she has acted and to be fair what she dose on stage counts as performing.

As for Martha's family vs Rose's; remember that Rose had two seasons to Martha's one and I suppose Rose's family had a little more character depth, so they left more of an impression.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Little-known fact: The first Doctor wore a wig. There are very rare pictures out there of Hartnell with his usual, very short hair.

2. Everyone criticized all the family episodes with Rose; that Doctor Who shouldn't be about the family as much. So with Martha, not only did they tone down the family involvement, they also made the family much larger, with too much camera-sharing going on, to the point that they ignored Martha's brother and Father's girlfriend in the finale. On the flipside, the family also had a happy ending, accelerating their reunion by giving them a whole year in an alternate timeline to patch things up.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
I'm really curious why they're treating Martha like this. Her family hardly got any screentime compared to Rose's (or at least, it seems that way), and the Doctor is still not over Rose. And now they're parking her in Torchwood? I hope Torchwood will be better this season. It was pretty unremarkable, I have to admit. I bet she has to snog Jack at least once now, since it's an Edgy ShowTM.

I'd be surprised if Martha doesn't end up kissing Tosh, considering Torchwood... I'm annoyed as well that she's been sent to Coventry(well, Cardiff) and been replaced. There were a lot of rumours about Freema getting sacked, and admittedly I wasn't always convinced by her performance. Maybe this is a way of getting rid of her for a while without anyone getting embarrassed?

I was hoping she'd be back within a few episodes.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'd say there's plenty of opportunities for her to rub up against Dr. Rapist. Be interesting to see how her presence plays, given she knows all about Jack, whereas his team are only just coming to terms with the fact he can't die.

And, apparently, some of the criticisms of the first series have been taken onboard. And likely ignored.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps