Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Stargate callsigns

Author Topic: Stargate callsigns
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a lot of different pilots in the Stargate universe. Mitchell and Sheppard definitely, Hammond and Landry also wear pilots' wings, and O'Neill and Carter have had some flying time even though they don't wear wings. Teal'c is also a pilot of sorts. But aside from Cam "Shaft" Mitchell, I don't think we've heard of any callsigns for anyone else. Anyone up for some speculation? [Big Grin]

Here's what I've got so far:
Carter: Einstein, Egghead, Ms. Wizard, or even MacGuyver [Big Grin]
Teal'c: Murray
O'Neill: Homer

We could even get Jackson in on this as he has occupied the rear seat on several occasions. Perhaps "Sneezy" at first, and maybe "Lazarus" later?

Arichamus
Member # 1986

- posted      Profile for Arichamus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bugger: works for anyone.

--------------------
Hail to the king, baby!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O'Neill and Carter are both spec ops, not regular pilots... We've heard O'Neill go by "SG-1 Niner" before, with "niner" being the designation for the team leader. I think it was even approved by the USAF - isn't it great having an Air Force consultant on your production staff? [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, they're Spec Ops, but that doesn't mean they can't get a callsign! I remember the "SG-1 Niner", and he's also used "Digger 1" when piloting the X-301. But that kind of radio designation/callsign is different than a personal aviator callsign. The former are assigned based on the mission or your home base or the type of aircraft you're flying, and not tied to the specific person, while the latter is made up by the pilot's peers.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carter wasn't necessarily special ops... didn't she once (in the pilot, maybe) say she logged something like a hundred hours' combat flight time in Desert Storm? She would've been an average pilot then, not in special ops.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fair enough, she apparently did simulated bomb runs in F-16s at some point; however, there's no telling what "100 hours in enemy airspace" really means. She could have just been sitting high up in an E-3 coordinating fighter movements, not in active air combat (which in the Gulf War was pretty pathetic anyway).

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, if "SG one niner" means "leader of SG-1", what do they call SG-19?
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or more to the point, the leader of SG-19? [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SG-1 NEENER.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel: Space Monkey.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do like "Lazarus" for Daniel but I rather think O'Neill would call him something mildly pejorative relating to his academic interests ;P
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O'Neill's Personal callsigns for his crew:

Himself: The Bart-man
Teal'c: Santa's Little Helper
Daniel: Ned Flanders
Samantha: Lisa Simpson

Hammond: Homer Simpson
Quinn: Millhouse
Mithcell: Barney Gumble
Vala: Krusty the Clown
Walter: Waylon Smithers

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ba'al: Sideshow Bob...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps