Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 2x04 The Kindness of Strangers $$

Author Topic: $$ Heroes 2x04 The Kindness of Strangers $$
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kay...holy. Shit.

I mean that was cool, really. When Molly looked at the picture and started freaking out, I knew what she was gonna say, and I still stared slack-jawed at the screen for several seconds when she said it. I mean *wow.*

Any guesses as to what happened to her? I'm just going with the idea that Mr Scary Nightmare Man is keeping her mind trapped inside his, or something along those lines. Trapped in her own nightmares, maybe. oooh that could drive someone insane...and a little girl to boot...

I'm just itching to find out what Momma Petrelli's power is. The Sylar storyline I'm actually flat bored with; he doesn't interest me anymore. Not so scary stacked up next to the nightmare man. And I wonder about Nichelle's character, if she has a power.

Now so far, everyone with a power turned out to have two parents with a power. So do you HAVE to have parents with a power to be born with one? That doesn't seem very logical. At some point in the past there was only one person with a power, if it was a mutation of some kind. And do the children of two people with powers *always* have a power?

Finally, I think this new N'Awlenz girl's power is pretty cool - basically seems to be monkey see, monkey do. That would be hella helpful in life - very practical ability.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm actually rather interested in the Sylar storyline. He's going by Gabriel Gray again... I was confused this episode if he's still up to his old tricks or if he grew a conscience...

Now, who are the others in the picture? And why is Bob only known as Bob? I was half expecting him to be the nightmare guy, but I guess that's too Twin Peaks.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you say that N'Awlenz girl's power is like Charlie's(the waitress Hiro liked)in that she memorizes everything she sees.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Charlie was more in the way of eidetic memory... academic things, more like. Reading, learning a language, that sort of thing. This girl can do anything she sees.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad they went back to the elder Heroes storyline, I think it's the most interesting thread so far this season. Great to see the photo of the nine, but I was expecting Uhura to be one of them. It's going to be fun finding out who the others really are.

quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
I'm actually rather interested in the Sylar storyline. He's going by Gabriel Gray again... I was confused this episode if he's still up to his old tricks or if he grew a conscience...

I reckon Sylar will be back to his old tricks as soon as he can. He's probably only going by his real name to avoid letting people know where he is and because he can't use his powers. But he's obviously very interested in gaining Maya's. The cockroach on Derek's dead body is what intrigues me. In the past the writers have said it's just a little joke, but now it seems like they might be making more of it.

And did anyone realise Hiro wasn't in this episode? It's the very first episode he hasn't been in.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK here's a few things:
  • "Da Symbol" appeared in Molly's eyes when she told Parkman that his daddy was da Boogeyman.
  • Sylar's watch is broken...just like he is and it seems psychologically he can't be "Sylar" without his powers so he calls himself Gabrielle again.
  • Sylar is apparently powerless as he used the brick instead of his widdle finger.
  • There was a brief preview scene where it appeared Kensei knocked Hiro unconscious from behind.
  • The car that Sylar and the Wonder Twins are in appears to be the one stolen from Claire. So it's PURE coincidence that a guy from Jersey goes to Keliphonia to steel a particular teenager's car and drive it to Mexico where it is used by Sylar and the Wonder Twins. Yeah.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I had to pause in the middle. Haven't finished the episode. But Derek & Sylar cracked me up.

Derek: "There are killers in the car with us."
Sylar: *grin*

Also, Wiz: I was thinking more along the lines of Derek's been stealing random cars/hitching rides/whatever. Steal one car and go cross country, you're gonna get pinched. Probably when they pull you over for a technicality in Indiana. Indiana's just evil that way.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HopefulNebula:
OK, I had to pause in the middle. Haven't finished the episode. But Derek & Sylar cracked me up.

Derek: "There are killers in the car with us."
Sylar: *grin*

Hey, you at laughed at too? [Smile]
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little thing, Wiz. "Gabrielle" is a woman's name. "Gabriel" is what you're going for. They're pronounced differently.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Little thing, Wiz. "Gabrielle" is a woman's name. "Gabriel" is what you're going for. They're pronounced differently.

--Jonah

Well....that would DEFINITELY open up MORE story potential don't you think [Wink]

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and Wiz... Sylar's watch was always broken. At least since "Six Months Ago." That's why the title for "Seven Minutes to Midnight" is what it is.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

Hmmm, well I get yet another "DOH!" award. Seems I've been racking them up the last two weeks.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps