Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$$ SGA 1x04 Doppleganger $$$

Author Topic: $$$ SGA 1x04 Doppleganger $$$
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...I was rather disappointed with this episode. There were some good parts, but as Carter actually *pointed out* in the episode, SG-1 did all of this stuff before.

I'm disappointed Heightmeyer died. It was totally unnecessary. Did nothing for the plot, at least in my opinion. Also, Teyla just overriding her door and going in to wake her, and how upset she looked about it, just really made me think of femslash and laugh even though that scene really wasn't funny. (Oh, and: "She's dead!"? How ... blunt.)

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this season. Although, the night shots of the whole city lit up are *really* freaking cool.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was out last night, so no notes from me until I can finish the download. But The woman who played Heitmeyer is a close friend of Rachel Luttrel, who got her the recurring role. The dismay on Teyla's face was probably quite genuine, since her friend's character was offed in what seems to be an average episode. No Lifeline, Sunday, or Heroes for her...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought there were some nice, like, technical storytelling elements in it, while the overall plot wasn't anything much. (Like, for instance, that was a pretty well done fight at the end, and at the same time is there anything more cliched than the in-your-head fistfight climax?) Or when the forest lit up; that was nice too.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps