Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Stargate SG-1 getting better and better! ($$$)

Author Topic: Stargate SG-1 getting better and better! ($$$)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I watched the movie in 95 or when ever... so so. I watched the pilot with interest... great... didn't watch it again (don't know why) recently I watched the 2nd season episode where **edited for spoilers by moi - sorry guys**... F*cking bloody excellent. Out of the blue next day - I was talking to a person in one of my prac groups. and he just out of the blue goes, did you watch Stargate last night... and that broke the ice! - He is a big B5 fan too! Anyway he told me about how cool SG1 has been... and his tales got me intruiged. So, during the holidays I went to the video store and borrowed out the pilot and video 1. WOW! then each night for the rest of the week I watched two videos a night! It was that awesome. Then came the 4th last episode of season 1 and I was totally blown away (the parallel universe episode) WOW WOW WOW! Then the next episode was a 'bottle' show - but for a bottle show it was bloody great stuff... then came the season finale. Cliffhanger. BASTARDS! heh heh Absolutely fantastic stuff... it ended with two Goa'uld ships headed towards earth...

So that week I watched the next SG1 - which was near the end of season 2. I had missed/hadn't seen the first 20 or so season 2 episodes (they aren't on video yet ) Anyway... I sorta know the back story of season two from my friend at the prac. And here in Australia they went STRAIGHT into season 3...

Anyway Thursday night 8:30pm - the third episode of season three was shown... SO FRAGGIN AWESOME... unbelievable stuff here people. I am so happy.

I so look forwards to Thursday nights Stargate 8:30 Crusade 11:30... and this Thursday the new DS9 and Voyager videos came out! I just finished the DS9 video... When it Rains and Tacking into the Wind... *cry*

wow! Can't believe DS9 is nearly at Season 7 episode 26 ...

That is for another thread though...

Andrew

------------------
"Remove your hand or I will remove your arm!" - 7 of 9

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited November 12, 1999).]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, obviously there have to be occasional reminders. I hate to do this, but:

WARN ABOUT SPOILERS, YOU ASSHOLE!!!

I've really been enjoying SG-1. I was sorry to see the 1st season end here, and was eagerly awaiting Channel 4's resumption of the show. But then you go and put a major spoiler about the second season in your very first sentence.

Edit your post and start practicing some consideration for other people.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, please announce the presence of spoilers in thread titles. Thank you.

------------------
"Stop right there! I have here the only working phaser ever built! It was fired only once: to keep William Shatner from making another album."

- The Collector, "Treehouse of Horror X," The Simpsons.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I'm very sorry. I can see why you'd be upset - and the in the heat of things...

Don't be THAT nasty though.

I'm used to seeing every show about 2-3 YEARS after the US or the UK - even New ZEALAND - when it comes to Trek and B5... Australia is the hind-end of the earth - when it comes to getting shows (especially Sci-fi ones) at a reasonable time after the US or UK... (plus I'm realatively new to SG1... not as 'versed' on it like I am on Trek - or even B5)

so I have edited my post... sorry.

...just... I hurt... easily...

*sniff*

Andrew

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

oh... just a little addendum about spoilers and how its sucks and how I sympathize with you... I haven't seen DS9 to its end yet... but I have been spoiled for some things I try to go 'blank' when my eyes hit spoilers...

this was the worst spoiler though... I was at a newsagents once and was flipping through a sci-fi mag from the UK... and the first page I opened up at was three pictures placed vertically... of the death of Marcus... and the captions of the three photos were...

Going...
Going...
Gone.

I nearly screamed

so once again I'm deeply sorry...

------------------

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* I've taken care of the thread title.

Wait a minute! Parallel Universe story in season 1?! You sure about that? If so, I missed it. . . and I don't think I missed any. You sure you're not thinking about something from season 2?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I edited out the spoiler... reload your cache...

the episode in season 1 where Daniel touches the 'mirror'...

*afraid to reveal anymore info*

Catherine is in charge of the SGC...

its the beginning of the end of the season... its the 'mirror' ep then the bottle/clip episode with "Cap'n asshole errr... Jellico from TNG's "Chain of Command" then there is the Season Finale...

I've missed all but 3 or so Season 2 eps...

What about this for - possibly obsessed - I was at Uni the other day and this woman walked past me and she looked EXACTLY like Catherine from SG1... you know the old lady...

------------------

The First One
Member # 35

No, that one definitely hasn't been shown here. Last one they showed here was the one with the plague from the world with the eclipse near the black hole, and the little girl. . .

And I know you edited your post; I changed the title anyway. 8P

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion Stargate SG-1 has become one of the best sci-fi show on television, second only to X-Files (at least that I can get here in Canada, and yes, I'm including Voyager in that opinion). The stories are interesting and varied, the visual effects are excellent and the characters have a lot of depth to them (for television, anyway). The writers over in the Trek world would do well to learn from the folks that do this show.

I especially like how the show has a developing arc and background story to it, but still allows each episode to stand on its own. I only started watching this show during reruns a couple of months ago, but already am fairly caught up with enough of the backstory to be able to understand all of the new episodes. This is how the next Trek series should be done.

A note about this mirror universe episode: Could this be a new episode from the current season? I saw the preview for it (it was aired here only a week or two ago, and they're airing the new season now), and assumed it was from the new season, although I missed the episode itself unfortunately.

And finally, a piece of nice trivia, Stargate is filmed in Vancouver

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

IP: Logged
The First One
Member # 35

No kidding. Vancouver is famed for the disparity of its architecture and surrounding countryside, making it an ideal location for many TV shows to be filmed. Yet every planet SG-1 visited in the first season managed to look exactly like Canada. 8)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

The mirror universe ep is DEFINATELY the 3rd last episode of season 1. the 4th last is the antarctic ep. the 2nd last is the clip show with "Captain Jellico" and the finale is... the finale - for season 1 - a cliff hanger... I haven't seen the conclusion

------------------

The First One
Member # 35

Great. So C4 didn't even show the whole season. Obviously not controversial enough (that's the only benchmark Channel 4 has to guage the success of a show), or they wanted to put Hollyoaks on yet another night.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps