Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Doctor, Doctor! [2007 CIN Special - Pics] (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Doctor, Doctor! [2007 CIN Special - Pics]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Beeb has confirmed what we've known for months - that Peter Davison will be reprising his role as the Fifth Doctor, meeting his future / current self in a "Children in Need" special mini-episode titled "Time Crash". Pics follow:

-

-

I must say the hair and makeup guys have done a swell job, though no one would ever mistake Davison for a man who's supposed to look physically younger than the Tenth Doctor does now. Also of note is that they have been accurate to his costume of the time, question marks and all - one wonders how dialogue will reflect the very 80s threads. His knit sweater (the design from his first year as the Doctor, no less) has been let out a bit, but covers his more mature curves well. I'll have to keep that in mind for myself. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd really love to see all the Doctor Who episodes. I just wish I had the money or bandwidth. In fact, I've only ever seen the 2005 resurrection season, but I'll be watching the 2006 season soon. I can't help but feel that, by not watching the other - what is it, 26 seasons, more? - that I'm missing a vital opportunity in my life, akin to throwing away a winning lottery ticket or something..
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While you are missing a good chunk of classic sci-fi, the newer seasons of Doctor Who are specifically written NOT to be reliant on the original run of the show. They do a great job of namedropping in the current episodes to keep us older fans happy, but overall it won't have mattered that the Doctor encountered Sontarans all of four times prior to this season, or how long Sarah Jane travelled with which Doctor, or that the Cybermen used to be silver and even MORE ineffective at killing anyone.

Mark

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wish the theme music was longer. I just love it ecstatically for some reason.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this then.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Sweet, thanks. ...my god... Did people actually wear their hair like that?!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too love the music!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Sweet, thanks. ...my god... Did people actually wear their hair like that?!

I'd like to say "No, just him." I really would.

--------------------

Quest
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's going to have to be a bit of a suspension of disbelief with Davison's age. It will be good to see him appear as the Doctor again.
IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is/was with the celery pinned on his jacket!?!

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Quest:
There's going to have to be a bit of a suspension of disbelief with Davison's age. It will be good to see him appear as the Doctor again.

And lets all keep in mind it's a "Children in Need" charity special, not an actual episode.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

If Timelords can meet 'themselves' - what is to stop companions meeting themselves - obviously the same person but years down the track. It'd be cool if some how they could do it that Sarah-Jane could meet Sarah-Jane from the past! [Smile]

Actually I'd like to see Tegan again. Or Peri's boobs. [Big Grin]

--------------------

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, the celery. That was there in case of radiation - if it went brown the air was toxic, and he'd then eat the celery. It all makes perfect sense.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Except that it doesn't. he first grabbed the celery in "Castrovalva", his debut story, by innocently grabbing a stick of celery from a table in an IMAGINARY TOWN and sticking it on his lapel. When the town vanished, the celery remains. A season later, he'd replace this wilted stick of celery with another one he simply finds on a table, I believe in "Enlightenment". Its purpose was only revealed in "The Caves of Androzani", his final adventure, where he uses it to try to save Peri.

Mark

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

You've just got to love Doctor Who logic though.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps