Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Heroe$ 2.09 "Cautionary Tale$" SPOILERS (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Heroe$ 2.09 "Cautionary Tale$" SPOILERS
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There haven't been any Pratts in the graphic novels(*smirk*), but something interesting from the group photo's annotations that Matt added is that one of the guys has the last name Mendez. Perhaps Isaac's dad?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had a thought while reading the latest graphic novel - how long could a human actually live before their mind started to collapse? Not just psychologically, but, wouldn't you eventually have memory problems? Even if you were immune to anything organic going wrong, the brain has to have a finite storage space...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Presumable they would begin to forget certain things. Not as big a problem as you might think as from what I gather the current thinking on the nature of memory isn't as straight forward as you might imagine. Specifically it's not as if the brain automatically retains every second of every day, it's more like a set of highlights and when you recall them a set of pre-learned rules extrapolate out the blanks. In Kensei's case, he's had 30 years inside a single room, I doubt there's much about it to remember...except that time in 1984 when that moth got in and spent 3 hours fluttering around the light...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I called the number; it's just a silly voicemail with nothing special. Except if you choose option #3 they mention a code, MT or MP3...somethingsomething. Anyway, on the www.primatechpaper.com site, now, if you click the About Us section (or the Information Concerning Noah Bennett section), then mouse-over the PrimaTech logo, you can see the Helix. You click, and it asks for a username and password. Did we ever see a username and password used in the show to access anything?
OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Victoria Pratt was an actor in that god awful Mutant X, I only ever watched a few episodes,she played Shalimar something-or-other, can't remember what her power was.

Someone on the Heroes writing staff making a nod at other Super Powered Mutant� shows? Or coincidence?

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, one thing: I thought Pratt looked familiar, so I looked her actress up on the wiki.

That's Joanna Cassidy. One more Trek alum to add to the cast list.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dood! Joanna Cassidy and all you can mention is her being on Enterprise? o_O She's been all over the place throughout the last thirty-odd years. I know her best as Zhora from Blade Runner. And since many of her characters weren't exactly docile little lambs, I am expecting interesting things when Matt finds her...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_Evolutions

Its the Heroes interactive side game/viral marketing thingy or whatever you call it. I don't know much about it as its only available to US residents. [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Yeah, I heard it revealed stuff like the novels do. Anyway, have we seen a username and password ever used on the show? If we have, I would bet it's the way into the PrimaTech Paper thing.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Claire log onto her dad's laptop or vice versa at some point?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Mmmeh, I'm gonna watch the first season over anyway...I'll keep an eye out this time.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK I haven't read anyone's comments... but I JUST finished watching it. OMG! Fucking AMAZING! Fantastic episode! I'm... I'm... shocked and thrilled at the same time! BAM! What an episode!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone enlighten me as to what Angela Patrelli's power is (two weeks ago it looks as if she had the power of persuasion - but wouldn't that cancel out Matt Parkman's attempts?) What is/was Kaito Nakamura's powers!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well she was able to put up a fight, enough to give herself a nosebleed anyway.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the times we've thought we saw her power of persuasion in action she's been touching the person a lot, whereas with Parkman she was in handcuffs, so she couldn't touch him. But apparently when she touched Nathan's wife in Four Months Ago it was the actress's decision and not in the script, so it may be that they haven't decided on her power yet after all.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps