Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Protoss = Ancients? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Protoss = Ancients?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking at the new units posted that will be in StarCraft 2 (if they ever get around to bloody announcing a bloody release date, and probably not even then...) The new "mothership" unit of the Protoss caught my eye - it really reminds me of Ancient city-ships like Atlantis. It's primary weapons, those blue firefly-like things, even seem kind of like Drone weapons. Big floating city like that that's really an interstellar spaceship, has a big shield, cloak field... [Wink]

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/protoss/mothership.xml

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atlantis is bigger.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I don't care about Starcraft at all, but the way they did the background of that web page is COOL! (Scroll up & down at the bottom of the page to see what I'm talking about.)
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This game may warrant a buy, even if I do suck at the original game.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
This game may warrant a buy, even if I do suck at the original game.

You Require More (Frn'ech) Lesbian Ass.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...Okay?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't played an RTS since the days of Red Alert 2 and Ground Control. Never could get to grips with the newer 3D ones, I was forever loosing my sense of direction. Hence my current preference for crowbars and portal guns.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starcraft and Broodwar weren't 3D; SC2 will be, but its release date is still TBA. Mark - the scale is off in-game; most of time your individual soldiers are roughly the same size as your supposedly kilometers-long capital ships.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use to play SCBW online all the time back in the day. I'll be getting this one right away. It doesn't bother me that the units aren't to scale since your soldiers would be tiny and your ships filling a large portion of your screen. I remember a mod I had for Star Trek Armada that made units to scale and the spacedock was massive.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I loved Star Trek Armada, but it was unstable on my machine and crashed every hour or so. Never played the sequel either...

I still play SCBW online. Usually it'll be a month or two of intense every-other-day for 8 hours, then three or four months of hardly touching it. The pattern's held for about 5 years now :-P

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heheh, love the theory there, plus the Protss also make Stargates as well. [Smile]

Since I heard about SC2 I just had to pick up my original Starcraft and Starcraft Broodwars, and play them again. Being stuck at that low resolution is horrible though!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Funny I still play Armada 2, though I'm eagerly awaiting a BSGmod for it.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

We could *really* stretch this to the breaking point and say the Zerg Queen's Parasites are Goa'uld...
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
We could *really* stretch this to the breaking point and say the Zerg Queen's Parasites are Goa'uld...

You Require More (Frn'ech) Mineral Water.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Narf.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps