Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ SGA: "Outcast" $$

Author Topic: $$ SGA: "Outcast" $$
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey a bit behind in my Atlantis - just watched "Outcast". Not a bad episode - I thought I read somewhere someone bitching cause there were two 'non-arc?' episodes in a row - Harmony and this. They BOTH had important elements - 1. Harmony set up a place to make new Drones, 2. This brought up replicator issues. What is to say someone can't make more replicators now?

Lee references two movies... Terminator - Molten Metal and Lord of the Rings? - Volcano.

Why didn't the Asgard beam pick up that fact that she wasn't made up of 'human' parts?

Another Sci-Fi refugee enters the Stargate world... I thought I had seen "Dave Sheppard" before... He's the guy from Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers. Dylan Neal.

So after all that - WAS someone trying to make a purchase of a replicator?

Did we ever hear before that Sheppard had an ex-wife?

Anyone notice she sorta looked like Tayla!?! [Big Grin]

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't know how the Asgard beam works, nor how well the humans understand the system. It ain't the transporter from Star Trek, 'beaming' notwithstanding [Smile]

I didn't think she looked like Teyla, except for the dark skin.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, didn't y'all recognize Kari Wuhrer? Maggie from Sliders? Tch.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recognized her.

At the end, I couldn't help but think of the second Dr. Moriarty episode from TNG.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recognized her name in the credits, but, for some reason, not her face.
Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Did we ever hear before that Sheppard had an ex-wife?

I vaguely recall Sheppard mentioning an ex wife before...I have in memory a scene of him playing golf (well, if you can call hitting balls into the waters of Lantea golf) with someone and mentioning her, but couldn't tell you the episode.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen sliders since I was a wee bairn. Keep meaning to. She been in anything else?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Dude, didn't y'all recognize Kari Wuhrer? Maggie from Sliders? Tch.

Was she the original girl in Sliders? Before like the entire cast changed 5 times?

Was was she in the episode? John's ex-wife?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, she was part of one of the cast changes. Not long before the show moved to cable, I think.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maggie was the girl they picked up from a parallel Earth. She was a marine or something and her husband was working on sliding technology until he was killed, etc etc.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps