Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ SGA "The Kindred, Part 1" $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ SGA "The Kindred, Part 1" $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MICHAEL!!!

BECKETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Michael's appearance wasn't what I'd call unexpected, given that Trinneer's name appeared in the credits right at the beginning. (Even if I didn't spot that, Teyla's visions were a bit of a give-away.) Though such was not the case with McGillion, which was a nice surprise, though I sort of suspected when Michael said he'd had help.
Shall we start placing bets as to how he's back? I'm assuming from his reaction that he's been there the whole time and that Michael somehow abducted him moments before the...uh...exploding tumour went off. Perhaps the body they found was a clone or perhaps this is some weird duplicate of Beckett that's been around since before his "death", (like Criton on Farscape) just unknown to all concerned till now.

I'm glad they ditched the bug-man soldier idea, that was just b-movies style silliness.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frankly, I was more surprised by Michael's appearance, since I didn't catch his name in the credits. I mean, considering that they showed them finding Beckett in last week's preview...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never see the previews, so I didn't know... that's quite the stupid planning on the show's part, though...

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even more so, because, as I recall, his appearance in the preview was accompanied by the narrator saying something like "you'll never believe who they find". Well, yes, I will, because you just showed me.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure that pissed off the show runners when they saw it. As I recall, previews tend to be done by the networks, not the production companies that make the show.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm very annoyed by the previews. You can't help but see them since they run them during several other shows as well. The biggest surprise/twist that I can think of for this season, and they blew it with the dumb-ass preview. Anybody know if there's a podcast or blog or something that lets us know what the show runners thought of that?

Because of that, the biggest surprise for me was seeing Michael again.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspected Beckett would be there when I saw the commercial for the episode. How FUCKING ridiculous was that? "And you won't believe what happens in the last five minutes! *they clearly show Beckett standing and asking where the hell they've been*" It was like a bad joke! Thanks for the spoiler, idiots. First wrestling, now this shit.

Anyway, the previews of next week show that $$$$ SPOILER ALERT BECAUSE I DON'T FUCKING WORK AT SCIFI

Beckett's a Replicator. So that answers the question of "how is he back."

$$$$$$ FINITE SPOILEREM

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Srsly? I thought they (the show runners) emphatically stated that this is *Beckett*, not a replicator, not a clone, not a temporal duplicate, etc. Something to do with respecting the fans from the Bring Back Beckett campaign or something..

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I didn't pay extremely close attention to the details of the preview, but I got the impression that the episode would be about figuring out whether he was a replicator or a clone or whatever. Not that they were saying which one it would be.
Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm personally hoping he just ascended and for some bizarre and contrived reason descended again into a Wraith prison. It would at least explain why McKay had a vision of him at the end of the death episode...a reason beyond McKay being completely insane of course.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I think they also said that he didn't ascend, either...

quote:
But resurrected he will be -- though we don't yet know how. Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi has told fans that it will be Carson Beckett in the flesh who returns, and not an ascended being, a time-traveler, or alternate universe version of the character.

"When he returns for the two-parter, it will be Carson Beckett in the flesh," he told SaveCarsonBeckett.com. "... I don't want to give too much away but I can say it won't be an [alternate universe] version of Carson -- or a time-hopping Dr. Beckett either."

link

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really seemed as though he was a Replicator to me - they were talking about 'what if he is' and there were some shots that suggested "ZOMG DANGER WILL ROBINSON" with Beckett in them. So, dunno for sure, I guess.
Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
I think they also said that he didn't ascend, either...

There goes that theory. I suppose the theory he's a talking duck in disguise also won't pan out either... [Frown] [Wink]
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

You're not a man you're a chicken, Boo.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps