Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Transformers: Animated (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Transformers: Animated
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a bit surprised that nobody's posted about this show yet, considering how we've got at least a couple of Transformers fans here.

I gotta say that I didn't go into this series with high hopes. But, to me at least, this has been better than the last four series combined. Although its set in yet another continuity, there are G1 and Beast Wars references galore. There have been many interesting twists and turns, not the least of which is this continuity's Blackarachnia.

Is anybody here besides me watching this?

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah. My son & I actually record it (almost) every weekend. I'm also loving all the G1 references. And the chins! [Big Grin] It's interesting how they set up these Autobots as being basically a construction crew, with hardly any weapons to speak of. I mean, Starscream nearly kicked all their asses by himself!

Maybe it was in one of the two episodes I missed, but did they give a reason why they haven't gotten in contact with Cybertron? Did they break their radio or what?

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Links please. links please. links pl...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I try to watch it when I can. I just recently got back into transformers and started buying the latest movie toys ( which are quite good by the way), but from the few previews I have seen of these new Animated toys... Yeeek. Too many twists and turns and organic shapes for car transforming robots. The show is nice though. A youtuber under the name FanTransformers has posted almost every Animated episode thus far.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do have one problem with the show though. The Autobots almost never fight decepticons like in the old days. They're always saving the city from some bank robber, or some crazy renegade robot. THe fact that Prime is pretty much a rookie is nice, but his Jonny Bravo chin is not. Also, Ratchet, Prime's friend and advisor, is supposed to be the G1 Ratchet, but that character died in the 1986 Movie. Some of this continuity is just as bad as Trek's...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not meant to be continuous with G1. There are a few references to things from G1, but they're more like Easter eggs for older fans than an indication of a single timeline.

And the new Ratchet may be called "Ratchet" and may be a doctor who turns into an ambulance, but I'd say he's supposed to be based pretty significantly on Ironside, too. That would be the "Prime's friend and advisor" you're thinking of, I believe.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Perhaps. But there was a part in the pilot where Bumblebee was watching tapes from " The Great War", which is actually footage from the original G1 cartoon, and for a second, there is a red transformer who looks like G1 Ratchet, and consequently this ratchet, just before Ratchet says something to the effect of " I fought in The great war". Maybe I am just drawing conclusions.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That red guy looking like Ratchet would be the aforementioned Ironhide.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

See, I told you I was jumping the gun. THere are so many characters in G1, especially the later seasons after the movie that I get confused easily. Some are distinguishable, but others are just recolors of the same character and toy.

--------------------

-George Carlin

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get it. Those of us old enough to remember watching the original during it's first run are enjoying the new cartoon, but the kid is quibbling about continuity?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kids are different these days. I don't remember picking apart G1 so much for continuity. I watched it then, as I watch it now, for the GIAN TROBOT SMASH! As long as there aren't any blatant omissions that really screw up the story, I'm good.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched some S1 Transformers a few months ago & I couldn't finish it. I came to the conclusion that Optimus Prime is a fucking obsessive DICK.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I was introduced to transformers with Beast Wars, in like the late 90's when I was like 6. My first Transformers toy was Transmetal Megatron, bought at K-Mart. ^Then I started watching the shows, and getting the toys, untill like '03, when I decided Transformer's toys were too babyish for me. THat was, untill I heard that you can actually collect these toys, and most people think nothing of it. I don't think I'll be buying any of these Animated toys though. THey look funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIj2vEc0oIg

--------------------

-George Carlin

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i cant help be see so many visual reminders of later era VF's in that Youtube clip. the engine exhausts instantly remind me of the VF-0, the aft body portion reminds me all VF's with shield armor...

nice looking Starscream toy, too

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

It may look asthetically pleasing, but HOLY CRAP!, there are like five joints in each thigh. But , it matches the show's animation style, which I find to be just as funny looking. Show accuracy is what Hasbro has been proficient in showing in the past years though, afterall the show is a 22 minute commercial for their products.

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps