Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull $$
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
I really wanted Short Round to come in at the end and slug Mutt and say, "You call him Dr. Jones!"

Hell yeah- the last chance to explain what happened to Indy's "kid" squandered.

I liked it overall- kate Blanchett was smokin'.

Stuff that sucked:
the CGI groundhogs- why?
The ending in general made zero sense- the dead aliens offer a boon, the bad girl accepts and gets knowledge...which burns her eyes out, making her explode.
(Remind me not to do aliens any favors.)
The CGI stuff....really cheesy. Maybe I'm burned out on the CGI overdose- it's like I'm watching someone else play a video game- not what I want in an Indy film.
John Hurt- an amazing actor- was throughly wasted in this movie. Big disapointment for me.
Also...did Marion seem a tad crazy here? Very manic, but with no calm moments like in Raiders.
Jack was pretty one dimensional- I had high hopes with the double-agent thing, but that was dashed in favor of petty greed. Silly death scene too.
Worst of all- KGB agents with insanely thick russian accents driving around America at the hight of the Red scare. Riiight- they're smart enough to be a threat but too dumb to use sleepers (which those two silly FBI agents could have been in a brighter movie).
Lots of new characters with no viewer attachment- indy's boss, the General pal, Jack- it's like we all missed a movie or two.

Fun moments- the references to his lost comrades (the statue scene was funny).
The wharehouse scene was amazing- the Arc gag included.
The malt shop was fun- untill the brawl.
Good dialogue between Mutt and Indy.
Shia LaBeouf was as impressive here as in Transformers. He's in some new action movie that had it's trailer before Indy 3 and I'll be going to see that based on this performance.
Nice ending to the movie- notice the Minorah and lack of a cross at the wedding? Maybe it's just me...

I dont know about this one- I like it as much -or more than Last Crusade,- but that's not saying much.

After the movie, my roomate and I skipped into a showing of Iron Man and I enjoyed it (a second time) more than Indy 3.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
The ending in general made zero sense- the dead aliens offer a boon, the bad girl accepts and gets knowledge...which burns her eyes out, making her explode.
(Remind me not to do aliens any favors.)

Well, the aliens had obvious mental abilities, so they could probably see what she was planning to do with the knowledge or whatever she was getting from the aliens. If it had been Indy in her place, I'd expect there would be a different outcome.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know- Indy seemed prett keen to get the heck outta dodge there....
I thought maybe he as lying about the translation to her- maybe it was all "stick around stupid monkeys- I'll burn your freakin' eyes out!"
I know i'd be cranky if someone ran off with my skull for untold thousands of years.

In retrospect, the russians were pretty civil bad guys- offering Indy all sorts of chances to show off, complimenting Jack on good work, not torturing "Ox" for info....much nicer than those pesky nazis.

Prettier too.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, they didn't put Indy in a cell and sting him with scorpions for a year, like their chosŏn brethren would.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

They would have been CGI scorpions anyway.
maybe the CGI groundhogs could have rescued Indy from them.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally saw it yesterday. It was fun, but I just think too much time has passed. It felt disconnected from the first three. I echo all the statements about the plot holes and whatnot. Even the beginning seemed forced to me. It felt "OK... we all know this is an Indiana Jones movie, so let's just get it started. Here's the title card." Other events felt similar: Here's the joke with his hat. Here's the joke where he gets hit.

I caught the reference to YIJC too and I thought that was cool.

The DVDs have edited out all the parts with Old Indiana right? Do they keep the bit where Harrison Ford guest starred?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the YIJC reference? I never got to see that show.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He mentioned riding with Pancho Villa when he was younger. Mutt said his parents must've been mad. He said that technically, he was kidnapped.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
The DVDs have edited out all the parts with Old Indiana right? Do they keep the bit where Harrison Ford guest starred?

Yes, on both counts.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back from seeing it. Didn't like it as much as Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade, but liked it a lot more than Temple of Doom.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Who couldn't like "You caw him Doktuh Jones, DAWWW!!"

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So um I've been avoiding this thread because I might be seeing it tomorrow. However, The Incredible Hulk also starts tomorrow. Is this Indy really worth paying money for?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I saw it in the local discout theater. $3.50 for an adult ticket. Wonderland Theaters rock!

I will also be paying money to see Incredible Hulk though. There's a trailer for it running before Indy showing none other than Tony Starke.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We went to the Drive In. Myself, my wife and step-son. Saw Indy Jones IV and Iron Man for $16.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Now iron man... that was worth the the $7.50 I spent to see it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps