Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ DW s04e11 "Turn Left"$$

Author Topic: $$ DW s04e11 "Turn Left"$$
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speechless.

So good.

Can't wait till next week!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So would saying Davros has something to do with all this end of the universe stuff count as a spoiler? Because that insane Dalek cackle in the preview seamed like a bit of a give away to me.

Loved the Doctor's reaction to hearing Bad Wolf again, he looked like he bricked himself in sheer terror end excitement. Oh and I thought it was funny the way the casts from the two spinoffs got killed off...or exiled to Sontar. I presume the teenage friends of Sarah Jane are from her CBBC show?

One thing I did notice, when the Ragnos star ship thing was fired on by the tanks, no mention of Mr Saxon as of course the Doctor never travelled to the end of the universe (presumably the other end [Wink] ) so the master was never awoken, nor would the "Utopia" be heard as without the Doctor the causality paradox is broken.....so it wasn't ALL bad. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear I got chills at the end of this one. Next week is gonna be goooood.

And I like how the spinoffs are all coming to DW. Looks like the whole surviving Torchwood cast is going to be there, Sarah Jane, as well as Harriet Jones, MP/Prime Minister.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately Chills!

I think that it's awesome that Sarah-Jane will be back - AND Luke, Maria and Clyde? Are they coming back? Yeah they were mentioned in the last episode.

Will they have to make the opening credits even longer!?!

You know while all this is going on - are there other ex-companions on Earth around this time period that would/could possibly be also aware of the broader universe and trying to help out - or were they all left in different times?

Tegan? [Smile] Peri? We know they've mentioned the Brigadier a few times.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Brig was "in Peru" in the Sontaran two-parter. Tegan is probably around (but Janet Fielding doesn't seem to have any particularly fond memories of her time on Doctor Who), but from what I read (I haven't seen these particular episodes), Peri was last seen living on some alien world called Krontep.

We don't officially know whatever happened to Ace, although novels/audios indicate she might have turned into a Time Lord agent of some sort, and probably died in the Time War.

One of the companions that would be really lovely to see again is Ian. He has no experience with the concept of regeneration though, so it'd have to be done gently. I just saw the video segments he recorded for "The Crusade", and if that's 'canon', then he does have fond memories of travelling with the Doctor. Similarly, going the classic route.. Jamie! I don't really care about his continuity in this, but Frazer Hines is a good (and funny!) actor, and Jamie was one of the very best companions.

Susan is interesting, but with the massive let-down of "The Doctor's Daughter" and the unwillingness to really get to know the Doctor, I bet we'll never really see or hear her again. I guess being either a victim of the Time War or living (and dieing) incognito on 22nd century Earth may be factors too.

Jo Grant and Elizabeth Shaw are probably still around too. Katy Manning has had a lot of surgical work done, something I can't associate with Jo. Elizabeth Shaw was never a particular favorite, I think, so that's probably also a no-no.

But enough of this silliness.. we're already getting all the major characters of the New Who universe in one big finale. I wonder if this is some sort of ending/new beginning for Doctor Who as it moves towards a year of TV specials, and then from Russell T. Davies to Steven Moffat. They might be making room for major new developments, and wrapping up the current storylines.

The big baddy that is strangely absent seems to be the Master. I haven't even heard rumors about his whereabouts yet, but they've already demonstrated they can still hold surprises (Rose in the first episode!).

As you can see.. I'm also pretty excited about all the stuff that's going on. It's going to be a wild finale!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

It'd be nice to have a throw-away line about some sort of Doctor/companion like work being done by someone in Australia (Tegan) [Big Grin] Similar to Sarah-Jane etc./Torchwood etc. It seems that time with the Doctor tends leave people changed.

Wouldn't the companions from Before the 3rd Doctor be a bit too old now? (I.e. if we are talking about those Companions who would still be on Earth and in our time-period. Wasn't Jamie from a different time?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamie is from, and returned to the Scottish Highlands in the mid-1700s. There aren't too many companions left in the early 21-st century that can appear these days; and as I've written before, I'd rather not spoil the good thing we have going here with the new series and bring in fanwank mostly for the sake of fanwank.

This is just me speculating, but I think we've got a muliple universe thing going here, thus allowing for everyone to come back, some in smaller roles. If Harriet Jones is back, it might be as the PM of Rose's dimension, as she was said to be in charge two years back in "Doomsday". Davross is certainly from this dimension, but I wonder where THIS fleet of Daleks is from this time...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
I wonder where THIS fleet of Daleks is from this time...

I'm not sure if loose speculation counts as a spoiler but rumour has it (and I suppose we'll find out for sure in two days!) that the new Dalek race has something to do with nasty things being done to Dalek Caan. If this is true, then the picture on this page would seem to indicate that whatever process used has not been kind to him.

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps