Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » ATLANTIS CANNED! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ATLANTIS CANNED!
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Jason:
quote:
and for that lame-ass Eureka show
Hey! It spreads a cosy, pleasant and rustic feeling, ok?!
And it sure beats the piss out of "Flu Bird Horror."

Oh, and the "peachtree" I'm assuming is a reference to Georgia, since Ted Turner's based in Atlanta.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be fair to SciFi ( [Roll Eyes] ), it wasn't their fault this time. It was MGM that pulled the plug. Even so, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"i mean, i don't even remember what SpikeTV was called before it became Spike!. and that occured in the late 90's."

2003, actually.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
It was MGM that pulled the plug.

Every quote I've read so far says that it was a "mutual decision." Which I'd bet means Sci-Fi called up MGM and said "we wanna cancel the show," and MGM said "sure!" (In contrast to Sci-Fi's previous unilateral cancellations.)

It's pretty much the same story all over again.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"i mean, i don't even remember what SpikeTV was called before it became Spike!. and that occured in the late 90's."

2003, actually.

... Never tell me the odds/correct me in mid-sentence/hit the brakes when i'm adjusting the cat's diaphram/giving birth to knew ideas ceserian style... o.O Whut?

You're probably right. from 1998 to 2000 and then 2001-2003, i was at the mercy of either Satilite TV or AFN so little things like TNN -> TNN -> SpikeTV -> Spike! would have eluded me...

Really, was it only that long ago, sir?

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when TNN became the "New TNN". It was around the time that TNG was beginning to be broadcast on that network. It didn't have tha much bad stuff on it then, if I remember correctly, but now, a lot of stuff on Spike is crap.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spike tried (and failed) to be a Man's version of Lifetime- they went waaay overboard and had a real "redneck-that-watches-TNG" vibe.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...the cat's diaphragm?!?!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you don't want to take any chances. Do you know how many kittens those things have at a time?
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
...the cat's diaphragm?!?!

'We're Sorry. The person you are trying to reach [P.W.] Is not availible at this time and does not plan to return until the boat does. Please leave your name, number and the member will return your call promptly. Thank You.'

:3 Sometimes, left field constricts me...

Tread Derail FTW [Big Grin]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTF! That's not fair! Fuck you Sci-Fi Channel! Is there a petition or something to support Atlantis?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt signatures will make a difference when they're concerned about money ;-P
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even still... grr!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grr indeed. This is the second time the Stargate franchise has been dealt a premature death. The Ori storyline was getting interesting before they killed SG-1, finishing things off with a movie. Atlantis faces the same end now.

Meanwhile, we're given ANOTHER series which promises the same sort of fun as Atlantis is JUST getting around to. How long will this last?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering that it's the Sci-Fi Channel... probably forever. "All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again." (Oops, wrong franchise!)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps