Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 3x01/02 The Second Coming/The Butterfly Effect $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Heroes 3x01/02 The Second Coming/The Butterfly Effect $$
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Angela Patrelli! I *KNEW IT* I KNEW IT!!

I knew she had that power of suggestion! Way back from season 1!

The Level 5 'dudes' in reply to Wizartist - actually looked quite fucked up - the pleasure that fireball guy got out of roasting that woman was just totally wrong.

They sure belted the Sylar getting Claire thing out of the way pretty fast. I guess it now doubles as a 'rape' analogy for Claire which could be very interesting.

RE: Nikki/Jessica/Tracy - there WAS a mention in Season 2 of a 3rd persona, Gina.

Loved the TORTISE scene (It wasn't a turtle).

Full on what happened with Elle.

Seems like more and more of the heroes are manifesting multiple powers.

Even Angela Patrelli - is her power actually like Peter's? There's the dreaming (which she said was one of the first powers he absorbed off of her. Well we all thought that he got that from Charles Devreaux?? Maybe Angela got that off of him?) And there's the verbal control - which she could have gotten off Eden McCain in season 1).

I want to see Micah and his cousin still (and Nichelle Nicols! I'm sure she had a power.)

Re: Micha's cousin, Monica: Remember that vault of stuff in season 2. And the comic that had her with that curvy knife crawling ontop of roofs!?!

Causality doesn't seem to affect time-travellers.

Is Angela Patrelli like one of the last-surviving Company people left!?! There were a few in that photo in season 2 of the 'big-wigs' we never saw.

Sheridan/Bruce Boxleitner!

Finally with Sylar can everyone think of all the powers he has accumulated so far - they only seem to use one or two of them.

-Telekenesis.
-The ability to hide in shadows (remember from when the FBI agent was trying to track him down in season 1).
-Ability to leap large distances or heights in some fashion (Same scene - up out the man-hole)
-Something to do with insects - we saw them when he was incarcerated at primatech paper in season 1 and then at the end of season 1 with the man-hole cover)
-Ability to melt solids from Zane Taylor
-Presumably an ability to do stuff with ice (Molly's Parents)
-Super-hearing ability (that should be a big achilles for him).
-Brilliant learning abilities - from the waitress Hiro liked - Charlie
-Radioactive powers from Ted Sprague
-Painting the future from Isaac Mendez
-Claire's healing ability
-plus others he's killed and 'sorted out' - possibly Suresh's father - if he had one).

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Angela's power was to see the future in her dreams.
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mars Needs Women: You thought right. I don't know where Andrew's getting "suggestion" from.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There's the dreaming (which she said was one of the first powers he absorbed off of her. Well we all thought that he got that from Charles Devreaux?? Maybe Angela got that off of him?)"

I'm pretty sure she was talking about his original power : the ability to mimic other powers. She was saying that he inherited it from her in the sense of "Yeah, I have a power, too. Why do you think you have one? Genetics, fool."

"Niki: died in a fire."

Well, no, she was about to die in a fire. Then they didn't show her again. Since it now appears that she's running around with the ability to freeze things, I would say there's a reasonable chance she had the means to escape the fire.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HopefulNebula:
Johnny: There's a reason for that.

(edited the post because the board doesn't like parentheses in URLs. It's a Wikipedia link, I assure you.)

Hell yeah. I said the last few lines along with him. King used it in The Stand to similar goosebumpy effect.

quote:
I think Johnny said this: The bad guys seem a little lame, but the scene where the guy was burning someone alive just for fun gave them some credibility as evil villains who have to be stopped.
Yeah, that scene disturbed me. I thought the screams and amount of time spent watching/listening to her die was a bit gruesome for cable, too.

quote:
HopefulNebula again: We know Niki and Jessica were twins (at least before Jessica died -- or did she really?). There's got to be something going on with that and this Tracy person.
Maybe, or maybe Tracy is just a new split personality that took over Nikki and can't remember Nikki's old life, or just pretends not to remember it. Either way, I wonder where Mica is. (DL is dead, right? Hard to keep some of it straight after such a long hiatus of watching it.)

Oh, wait. Nikki's dead too, isn't she? Arummgn. I'll have to watch it over or something...

quote:
AndrewR sez: Loved the TORTISE scene (It wasn't a turtle).
And it's spelled TORTOISE. Aw, snap.

Edit: Just watching the premier countdown special now. They pointed out a lot of Star Trek references and cast members (Mama Petrelli played a Klingon? I must investigate) and they left out Nichelle freaking Nichols!

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I'm pretty sure she was talking about his original power : the ability to mimic other powers. She was saying that he inherited it from her in the sense of "Yeah, I have a power, too. Why do you think you have one? Genetics, fool."

Naw, it's more along the lines of "where do you think you absorbed your first power"-- that is, he was having dreams about the future before anything else.

Besides, Arthur Petrelli presumably had a power too, since he was one of the Company's founding members. Kind of wrenches the "genetics, fool" argument.

--------------------
--R. Buckminster Fuller

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Pete's first 'power' seen even in the show - was the dreaming. We all assumed he absorbed it from Charles Devreaux. What if Angela also has the power to absorb and absorbed it off of Devreaux or vice-versa?

The very last scene of Angela Patrelli and Sylar - i'm pretty sure she is using suggestion or her voice to make Sylar do her bidding.

Tortoise - thanks - i knew Tortise wasn't right but I couldn't be arsed to go and check.

Tracy would be a 4th split of her personality - as I mentioned there was a "Gina" mentioned in season 2.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it me or did Maya lose some of her accent? Anyway, she was less useless now, and may become a decent character.

No one has mentioned Evil Future Claire yet. She looked pretty bad-ass, if a little uncomfortable handling a gun. It may be interesting to see some of the heroes turn into villains this season.

I wonder what the deal with Future Ando is. Will he really have powers at some point? Maybe he'll get injected by Mohinder? That would make Mohinder a sort of anti-Company: introducing new evolved humans, instead of hunting them down.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Or maybe it was Peter Patrelli in the guise of Ando with a fancy power we didn't know he had? Hadouken!

--------------------

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

Well, when Eden used suggestion, her voice got a cool effect. Just a note.

--------------------
--R. Buckminster Fuller

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About Angela, it seems that offspring don't inherit the powers of their parents. Claire power's are nothing like the powers of her biological parents.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've been over the 'how does Parent Power A + Parent Power B = Child Power C oh well I guess it doesn't lololol' thing before haven't we?

Claire reminds me of that hot chick I know who is still in highschool so I really shouldn't want her but I do. So that future outfit she was wearing...awesome.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's consider this. Seeing as how there doesn't seem to be a lot of time between the fire incident and now, I doubt Nikki could have escaped from the fire, forgot everything, moved to the East Coast and work for Governor Sheridan in such a short time. Then there's also the different power.

Maybe Tracy is actually Nikki's twin sister that they all thought died...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

Don't forget being cured of the virus. 'Cause she had it, remember?

--------------------
--R. Buckminster Fuller

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We've been over the 'how does Parent Power A + Parent Power B = Child Power C oh well I guess it doesn't lololol' thing before haven't we?"

According to Mohinder, it's the same compound that gives everyone their powers, but their individual blood chemistry (if that even means anything) is what determines how the power will manifest itself.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps