Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 3x07 Eris Quod Sum $$

Author Topic: $$ Heroes 3x07 Eris Quod Sum $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brainy mojo *snerk*

Petrelli family intrigue!

"First you eat a disgusting paste..."

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't impressed, myself.

Except for Matt. Matt can Do No Wrong(tm) in my mind. The Maury thing was a nice touch, though, and fits right in with a thing I said three weeks ago. (There's no backdating in LJ communities, so that's the real deal.)

And Maya. I actually liked her in this, which makes the first episode in which I did. Probably the last, too.

I really liked Elle and Claire on the plane, at that.

The thing with Usutu is he'd be a really great character if the writers had chosen more specifics and done their research. This "somewhere in Africa" bullshit is making him very Magical Negro-esque, and it's pissing me off.

Same with the fact that it looks like they're stuffing Elle in the fridge next week, and I'm forced to go AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

(This week's GN has Claude in it too, since it's a continuation of last week's, and that plus the fact that Jason Badower did the art means it's made of awesome.)

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, Matt is cool. And Daphne is cute. I'm not so sure Matt's very subtle hints (ahem) at them having a future are working on her, though [Wink]

Usutu mentioned a "dark sun". Is the eclipse coming back as a theme? Oh, and for the record, I do agree that this whole "Somewhere in Africa, but we couldn't care less!" is getting a bit awkward. It now seems his power is maybe in creating future vision inducing hallucinogen? It seems different from Isaac's power.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless that disgusting paste is the power bestowing formula (albeit a short lasting variation) and Usutu's ability is in controlling which power they receive. Sort of the opposite of Peter's ability...uh, former ability.

As for Daphne, I'm pretty sure Parkman has successfully ensured that they will NEVER be together.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh. I think it's more along the lines of Guatemalan Insanity Peppers.

You know, like that one Simpsons episode with the coyote.

--------------------
--R. Buckminster Fuller

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hopefulnebula: And Maya. I actually liked her in this, which makes the first episode in which I did. Probably the last, too.
She only had one line, though. Or is that your point? You like her when she doesn't act? [Razz]
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

Pretty much so.

It helps when she's standing up to Idiotball!Lizard!Mohinder, too.

--------------------
--R. Buckminster Fuller

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps