Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 3x08 Villians $$

Author Topic: $$ Heroes 3x08 Villians $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funky title card!

OMG!

HIRO!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Usutu
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't really impressed with the Bennet/Elle/Sylar storyline, but it was good to see Bennet being his badass season-1 self again.

Also, I do like Angela being Angela. My pet theory is that Linderman didn't heal Angela to be nice, but because he wanted Arthur dead.

And Meredith. "They're tricking you because you're dumb. Remember what Daddy used to say, 'you got a big sister instead of a brain'?"

No Matt, either. [Frown] HeroesWiki says there was originally a Matt storyline (where he meets and tries to rehabilitate a younger Knox) but it was cut for time.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was nifty to see everything connecting, but continuity went out the window. It's a pity they didn't think it through more.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It asked as many more questions as it (purported to have) answered. Why would Mama Petrelli carry on with (what's now revealed to be) her husband's "Bomb Bew York" plan? Especially since only original intent we've ever seen that to have was to help elevate Nathan to the Presidency, something which obviously WASN'T one of Arthur's goals. And the Sylar/Elle/HRG plotline was OK, but just didn't fit in where they placed it in the original series continuity, with Suresh senior dead and his son driving his cab. The Sylar they showed in this ep could well have gone on to beocme the monster the FBI was pursuing but at that point in s1 he already was. And tying in the Meredith storyline with that train wreck was just trying to be TOO clever and didn't make sense.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the tie-in with the train-wreck.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, the train wreck was the only part of the episode that didn't screw up any previously established facts, so I liked it (although having Claire running into a fire that her mother started as the woman stands a hundred foot away bemoaning that her baby girl died is BEYOND contrived).

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps