Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 3x12 Our Father $$

Author Topic: $$ Heroes 3x12 Our Father $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ding dong Arthur's dead!

Pooooooor Hiro! [Frown]

So how's this going to work out? Somehow Hiro gets his powers back, but who's the one to go back and get him? Ando doesn't get the ability to teleport, he gets some sort of pyrokinesis....

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm. OK but some major plot holes.

How did Arthur Patrelli travel back in time to get absorb Hiro's powers before he got them?

How did Sylar work his powers around The Haitian? (Granted he was weakend by Arthur Patrelli).

Why does one bullet to the back of the head work? That was just a suggestion back before Kirby Plaza. Angela says it as fact.

One still wonders how a catalyst first came about - it's a tranferrable ability - so was it originally discovered by 'The Company' back when they were originally trying to make the formula? And then passed around?

Questions:

Where did the catalyst go?

Did Kaito Nakamura help Hiro land such lucky break? What is Kaito's power anyway?

Anyone notice Kristen Bell was credited even though she was just lying on the beach at the start?

Why would Arthur need to send Claire back? Why can't he just tell Angela himself?

Did Claire ever have the catalyst to begin with? What then did Sylar find in her brain that made her different?

Why would Ando think he'd get Time travel powers?

Who drew the giant painting of an exploding earth on the side of a sky-scraper? Usutu? Is there another artist out there?

Why didn't the messenger guy recognise Matt, Daphne or Ando from the comic sketches? It would presumably have them in there doing exactly what they did, getting the sketches, looking through them.

There was no text in the sketches, just pictures. I thought Isaac painted the comics - like the cheerleader painting in season one, or the one with Hiro and the Dinosaur.

Did Kaito actually recognise Hiro?

Are they ever going to re-touch on the objects in the vault from Season 2?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why does one bullet to the back of the head work? That was just a suggestion back before Kirby Plaza. Angela says it as fact."

Well, we've seen both Claire and Peter be prevented from healing when something was stuck in the back part of their brains. Although, as soon as it was pulled out, they got better. So, if you shot someone, it seems like the bullet would have to stay in there to be effective.

"Did Claire ever have the catalyst to begin with?"

It seems that way. Before she and Hiro started messing about with the timeline, presumably Noah would have taken the call and brought Claire back to be encatalyzed.

"Why would Ando think he'd get Time travel powers?"

Wishful thinking?

"Why didn't the messenger guy recognise Matt, Daphne or Ando from the comic sketches? It would presumably have them in there doing exactly what they did, getting the sketches, looking through them."

All we saw in the sketches was what Hiro and Claire were doing in 1990-whatever. There was no indication that the story of the finding of the sketchbook was in the sketchbook.

"There was no text in the sketches, just pictures."

We only saw three of them. And one of those did have text.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
We only saw three of them. And one of those did have text.

Missed that.

Also - one could argue that Claire never had the catalyst, so what then did Sylar see in her brain that made her 'different' from the rest?

Cause if she never had the catalyst, then she wouldn't have known about it to warn Noah in the first place.

So if they are going to follow Causality - one easy way for Hero to get back his powers would be to kill Arthur Patrelli in the past to stop him from taking his power in the future. Then, though none of the events you could say of the entire series would happen.

My head hurts.

The biggest problem still remains, how did Arthur travel back in time to steal Hiro and his powers when he hadn't stolen it from Hiro yet.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The biggest problem still remains, how did Arthur travel back in time to steal Hiro and his powers when he hadn't stolen it from Hiro yet.

Well, he stole all of Peter's powers, no?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly. Arthur had all Peter's powers.

I was also thinking that perhaps the Haitian, upon seeing Sylar arrive on the scene, selectively blocked Arthur's powers and allowed Sylar to kill him?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OK, yep. That's right - has Peter's powers.

How did he know he was back there, then? He drew it?

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably.

Also, I don't think Claire would have to *have* the catalyst to know about it. She *deduced* she did because Sylar said she was special and she knew about the catalyst. Just because she *thought* she had it doesn't mean she *did.* I always thought what Sylar meant by "you're special" was the thing he said right after that - "I couldn't kill you even if I wanted to. You can never die."

What do you mean by Kaito helping Hiro "land a lucky break?" Maybe his power is just to be a kick-ass swordsman [Razz]

Ando thought if he wanted it badly enough he'd get it. Remember him talking about faith? And as Daphne pointed out, Matt and her powers were sort of what they desperately wanted. (Somebody on Flare mentioned it during season 1, too - that the powers seem to line up with personalities. I always liked that idea.)

I bet the catalyst has existed for a very long time. I bet it has to do with how powers came about in the first place. But that's pure unfounded speculation. As for where it went, it looked to me like 'nowhere.' It seemed to be dissipating. I'd imagine it's gone now.

I'm sure there are lots of other precog artists out there. We've seen many powers duplicated at this point. (Such as Hiro's mother ironically being a healer and dying of a terminal illness. Nice touch.)

I didn't notice, but I think Kristin Bell deserved a credit. Just because she was only shown for a few seconds doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to be acknowledged in her final episode. (At least I assume it is - barring time travel or flashbacks.)

I seriously doubt Kaito recognized Hiro. If he did he'd probably not be all "explain yourself, who are you, I'ma fuckin kill you." I don't think.

Hmm. There's surely an online catalog or two (or two hundred) showing all the items in the vault. Maybe some of them can be explained now that we know more people, powers, and history.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps