Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The Next Doctor ($$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Next Doctor ($$$)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Christmas Eve I suddenly had this bizarre notion, what if the mysterious Miss Hartigan was the Master? Just as a lot of season 3 had gone about setting up the notion that the Doctor's and the Master's timelines are not liner and do not always intersect at consecutive points, could the 2008 Crimbo Spesh set up the notion that Timelords CAN change sex?

So much for that idea! I'm just glad I was so busy I wasn't able to try to figure out if her name was some sort of anagram. . .

Anyway. The Next, Morrisey, Doctor isn't a future regeneration but an ordinary man who thinks he is due to some direct cortical impressions during mental trauma. The Cybermen are alternate-universe Cybermen who survived/escaped the Void, perhaps duiring the recent Dalek malarkey.

No future episodes preview afterwards. But the next ep is called Planet of the Dead.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rather liked the brief clip of all the previous Doctors, including McGann (who they should defiantly bring back at some point.) Maybe I missed something, but that was the deal with the Cyber-wookies?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The BBC has just announced that tomorrow the Eleventh Doctor will be announced during a Doctor Who Confidential special, airing at 17:35 GMT.

It also says "there will be four Doctor Who Specials featuring David Tennant that will run in 2009 into New Year 2010 (dates tbc)." I am not sure they ever explained it so clearly before, but its the most authoritative quote on the specials I've seen anyway. That probably makes the schedule something like:

* Easter ("Planet of the Dead")
* Christmas Special (tradition)
* Boxing Day (my speculation, essentially 1 unknown)
* New Year Special (from above quote)

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Wasn't expecting expecting them to announce the Eleventh for a while. Good luck to whoever it is, David Tennant is going to be a tough act to follow.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So was Tom Baker. But we got over him, as will we Tennant. I figure the Beeb is doing this to get a jump on things rather than let some tabloid or leak announce things before them. Looking forward to tomorrow's news!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They cut the deal over Christmas, so they must be trying to make the announcement as quickly as possible so it doesn't get leaked first.

The Next Doctor was better than last year's special, but how come nobody in the future knows that a giant robot trampled all over London? The Doctor's response to that subject was just "funny that", so maybe it plays into the next story.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christian Bale.
He's going to play every fictional hero possible before he gets too old.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And when he does get too old, he'll play Judge Dredd.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding everyone forgetting about seeing a giant metal man stomping down various buildings in old London, it's I suppose the same thing as people quickly forgetting about TWO Dalek invasions (and two Auton incidents) in the same city a century later, to say nothing of a giant monster in Cardiff, dinosaurs rampaging through the streets, and a ton of other wierd stuff...

Mark

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Completely stupid? [Smile]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt Smith.

The youngest Doctor ever (26, 3 years younger than Davison).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Regarding everyone forgetting about seeing a giant metal man stomping down various buildings in old London, it's I suppose the same thing as people quickly forgetting about TWO Dalek invasions (and two Auton incidents) in the same city a century later, to say nothing of a giant monster in Cardiff, dinosaurs rampaging through the streets, and a ton of other wierd stuff...

Mark

Now why would anyone remember a thing like that? *neutraliser flash* Anyway, it was just swamp gas refracting the light from venus into a Tardis balloon.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

This story DID take place pre-Torchwood, so they couldn't have done anythign about it. I figure the few hundred people who saw the Iron Giant for the few minutes it was destroying stuff, were generally ignored by the people they tried to tell and judged as insane. Perhaps the asylums around London got especially full that winter?

Mark

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, except that the thing was big enough to be seen from most of London, made enough noise to get a lot of attention, and left some noticeable destruction. I think that would result in enough evidence for it to be taken seriously. At the time, anyway. Maybe not 150 years later.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possibly someone's been "correcting" the timeline and will be revealed at a later date?
Or the Doctor travels to alternate timelines each time he goes forward/back- resulting in some instances where he'll be known and others where he's relativly an unknown figure to both authorities and the general public.

Or the government blamed a hollywood production's SFX being seen and misunderstood.
Hey, it beats the ol' "Weather Baloon" gag.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps