Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ And the Eleventh Doctor Who Is... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ And the Eleventh Doctor Who Is...
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...To be discussed here, as the announcement is set to be made today. [Smile]

Eagerly awaiting the "Confidential" special - but I'm wondering if I'll watch it along with the masses or look for the leaked info first. The special Confidential is supposed to have the first interview and statement with the actor, so it's known at least in the BBC circles plus whoever's been editting together the special show.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Kicks Mark in the shin*

That's for making me think for an instant that I was gonna get to find out sooner than expected! [Razz]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the Eleventh Doctor is...

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even younger! Wow. I have no idea who this actor is, but *shrug*

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. He looks about 12.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He looks a bit peculiar, but seems like a good enough actor from the few clips they showed. I remember not thinking much of David Tennant when he was first chosen, but really liked him once I'd seen a few episodes with him, so I'm reserving my judgment until 2010.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see this be very awkward if this new doctor ever runs into any of his former companions. I shudder to think how Captain Jack with react...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would also make the choice for companions interesting. It's extremely easy to go for the pretty girl of course, but any relation with a 26 year old actually being 900+ is going to be interesting.

On a side note, I noticed how (in most online places), people are already hating, bitching, moaning and burning themselves on the streets.I thought Star Trek fans were the nitpicking lot, but the amount of hate is really surprising me.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt Smith : putting the "who?" back in "Doctor Who".

(I don't know, maybe he's better known in Britain?)

Mostly, I'm concerned that the Doctor is now younger than I am. That's just not right.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose it depends on what you watch. Personally I've never seen or heard of him before, which is not a terrible thing in and of itself. That being the case however, nobody can claim to have any informed opinion as to how good or bad a job he'll do. We'll see.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he looks fine. I've seen a couple of pictures. He seems to have a bit of Doctor-ish-ness about him. I'm rather pleased with the choice. I guess only time will tell. I have faith in the Doctor Who producers.

No one liked Donna Noble as a regular companion before season 4 - but now she's a fan favourite!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"A fan" being the operative word, as in singular. Everyone else still can't stand her.

So we're stuck with the Embryo of Frankenstein. Given all the choices on offer, they went with Tennant Lite.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's an extended interview with him here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zog-6SrGxE0

Embryo of Frankenstein ('s Monster)... that's a little cruel. Yeah he's odd looking, but hey, all the Doctor's were a little odd looking - I mean look at Tom Baker and Christopher Eccleston!!

I do agree though - they did sorta go with 'Tennant Lite' - no real deviation in the formula there.

He is, I must say, very likable in that interview I posted the link to above.

I like Catherine Tate and I thought she did a good job as Donna Noble. I must be that singular fan.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
On a side note, I noticed how (in most online places), people are already hating, bitching, moaning and burning themselves on the streets.I thought Star Trek fans were the nitpicking lot, but the amount of hate is really surprising me.

Indeed, the Who fan community make the Trek community look like amateurs. It's disturbing that given the average person hasn't even heard of Matt Smith, let alone seen him act, that they can form such polarised and hateful opinions of the guy after only two-days. For all we know this guy could be the best things that's ever happened to Doctor Who, and realistically until we see in a years time just how he's going to portray the character it's beyond ridiculous to be acting like the whole world is coming to an end.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People acted the same way about Daniel Craig as Bond and now... well I don't know if he's a fan favourite as I don't know any major Bond fans, but he's certainly critically acclaimed.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps