Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG 4x20 Islanded in a Stream of Stars $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ BSG 4x20 Islanded in a Stream of Stars $$
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God I love this show.

I bet Kara's a hybrid. If her dad is Daniel this makes sense. Of course we don't know yet whether he is or he isn't.

I liked the scene where Roslin and Adama shared a .. medicinal cigarette.

EDIT: Season 4, silly.

[ March 10, 2009, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Fabrux ]

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean the New Caprican loco weed? [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I guess we finally saw what could be considered the Cylon homeworld. The CGI looked a little fakey though.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that looks nothing like a real-life partly organic asteroid base.

Seeing the old style Raiders parked there was fun though.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I meant the CGI didn't look up to snuff with the other Cylon ships. The old school raiders were indeed cool. Wonder if their piloted by old school centurions. If I recall, one the sixes mentioned that they still had their uses.

Edit: It is freaking huge, just look at the basestar next to it in the first picture.

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/The_Colony

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Adama being sick of all the mumbo jumbo and prophecies. We needed a bit of that after the recent series of exposition heavy episodes.

The mythology does seem to be moving forwards again though. Baltar explicitly calls his internal Six an Angel now, further strengthening the idea that the head-characters are some kind of messengers from Cylon God or some other guiding power.

And Anders is now Galactica's Hybrid. This means Galactica now could be the Dying Leader, since it has some kind of sentience, and Anders seems to have the most lucid Cylon memories, so it could definitely lead the Fleet to.. wherever it's going, presumably the Colony.

That Colony is really gigantic. Could it really only have been built during the latest Cylon War? Or it is an older construction?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was built after/during the first Cylon War, Cavil however moved it since the Civil War, so it presumably has FTL.

BTW, since when was this episode in season 1?

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the effects throughout this episode were pretty poor, but they're obviously saving time and money for the finale.

We can probably infer how Galactica will "go out with style" from Hera crashing the Galactica model into the Baseship at the beginning?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know Hera's supposed to be 3, but she looks a lot closer to my own daughter's age at 5. Because of that, several of the scenes really made me uncomfortable. I imagine Lee will be in the same boat with me on this one.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty much.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you guys don't see The Watchmen. There's a particularly grisly scene involving a little girl in that.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another fantastic episode.

Who ever predicted Anders being Galactica's hybrid... seriously there are spoilers/hybrids posting amongst us people!! [Smile]

The end shot was wonderful. The only problem this episode didn't go on long enough. Now i've watched so many together in one hit - and it's nearing the end - I don't want it to stop.

Was nice to see the fleet captains again.

Adama said half had gone. Does that mean that half of the ship mutinied? They were all put to death or died in the chaos?

Why would Kara stop wondering about what she is just after Baltar has a yelling fit? Or does it mean she has finally just accepted that she was/is dead?

I didn't like how Hera now cried out for Boomer and not her mother. I assume it's just because she was more familiar than Cavil.

What did he mean that she'd have playmates??

I think Boomer will now have another change of heart after Hera calling her name.

The memorial scenes... were they separate or did everyone listen to all three people speaking? Adama/Baltar/Ellen?

One of the sixes is called Sonya - what episode did we meet a Sonya?

Does anyone else prefer six with the long, curly red hair? What is Tricia Helfer's real hair colour? Is that it - or is that another wig?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I think the only mutineers that were executed were Zarek and Gaeta, the rest (including Celix and Racetrack) are on the Astral Queen.

As for Hera's playmates, my first thought was the centurions...but maybe he was just being sarcastic.
On the other hand, (Lee & B.J.: don't read this part) maybe they still have some human children in captivity.

[ March 12, 2009, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I missed the line saying they imprisoned the muntineers on the Astral Queen.

Can anyone answer any of my other questions?

I've watched the piano/all along the watch tower scene from the previous episode a number of times now - geeze it was good.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I don't think it's been directly addressed, but RDM did mention them being locked up on the Astral Queen in one of his podcasts.

quote:
Why would Kara stop wondering about what she is just after Baltar has a yelling fit? Or does it mean she has finally just accepted that she was/is dead?
You expect an emotional Kara to have a logical basis for her feeling and actions? What show have you been watching!?

quote:
I didn't like how Hera now cried out for Boomer and not her mother. I assume it's just because she was more familiar than Cavil.
Well they've clearly made a connection (finally) though it's a bit inconsistent as to whether or not Hera can tell Athena from the other Eights. Notably, she didn't protest much, or indeed give any indication that she knew Boomer wasn't her mother when she took her out of daycare.

quote:
I think Boomer will now have another change of heart after Hera calling her name.
Sure, but then she has a profound change of heart every time the wind changes or she gets an itchy nose. I think the skittishness of the eights is something even Athena has commented on.

quote:
The memorial scenes... were they separate or did everyone listen to all three people speaking? Adama/Baltar/Ellen?
Well everyone was there at the end, so it looks like everyone attended a joint service. To do otherwise would be rather rude.

quote:
One of the sixes is called Sonya - what episode did we meet a Sonya?
Sonja only showed up in "Someone to Watch Over Me", as the Cylon representative to the Quorum. One assumes she's replaced Natalie as the rebel leader.

quote:
Does anyone else prefer six with the long, curly red hair? What is Tricia Helfer's real hair colour? Is that it - or is that another wig?
Not sure about that one, but I'm pretty sure you see a wig and dye-less Tricia at some point in season 1 or 2 (I forget exactly when.) It's when Harvey-Six changes her appearance to mess with Baltar.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps