Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Friday the......er....Warehouse 13

Author Topic: Friday the......er....Warehouse 13
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone catch Syfy's new "Warehouse 13"? I watched the recording last night and wasn't overly impressed. It seemed like a revamped version of the "Friday the 13th" series.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's marginally better than what I expected from anything with the phrase "Sci-Fi Original" tacked onto it. (no, wait, "Syfy." Whatever.) Kind of like Eureka meets X-Files meets Aztec Rex. Of course, I'm kind of biased because Mika (Micah?) is a Denverite.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, at the doctor's, I saw almost an hour of this godawful train wreck.
The female lead was allright but the other "actors" were wooden and the story, while it had potential to be cool, sucked pretty damn bad.
Each time the protaganists were in a position wgere they would have to think for themselves, some other character would-literally- walk into the shot with some new bit of information for them to act on.

I gave up at the scene where the car flips over- there was no reason to keep watching.

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The female reminded me a lot of "Elizabeth" from the series "E.R.". That actress also played the Doctor's wife from an incarnation not yet seen in either one of last season's episodes or the prior season of Dr. Who.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason, that's actually part of why I like it. It's like supernatural pinball with people. And I could see a whole drinking game/MST thing going on.

(Yeah, I have Train Wreck Syndrome. Stuff it.)

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Train Wreck Syndrome, eh?
I have some movies for you!
Watch, if you dare....
The Terror Of Tiny-Town (the all-midget western)
The Unborn (the 90's one, not the recent version)
Dragonlance Chronicles (the naimated movie- it'll kill your inner child)

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

Or....ANY of the Tromaville movies....

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yes, but those were supposed to be cheesy!
I'm starting a new "bad movie" thread...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps