Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ SGA 1x04 "Darkness" $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ SGA 1x04 "Darkness" $$
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"- Although I was a little put off by the extra in an Icarus military uniform who casually walks down a corridor while Rush storms past Riley, in a very Trek-like manner. Dude, we're on a wrecked space ship with waning hops of survival. You don't casually walk down a corridor with nothing to do. Too soon! You REACT to the angry Scotsman as he walks by!"

AGREED! That really was jarring! Didn't like that. Casually strolling down the corridor. There should have been a sense of urgency about him.

The think guy who keeps wanting to talk to Rush in the corridor reminds me of Ozymandias from the Watchmen movie.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps he was one of those in caffeine/nicotine withdrawal? I've seen the latter in action and they can go from hyperactivity to total lethargy rather fast. Add hunger and mild dehydration to the mix and I really don't think anyone will be running around unless they had to. Plus of course as we saw, not everyone is on the "vitally important" job roster. I could probably come up with another two or three justifications, but there's no point as I honestly didn't notice anything off about it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the idea of almost a pure character envelopment episode where the overarching plot took a back seat. It was executed only semi-well, but we are really getting a feel for these characters who already seem deeper than any other Stargate character.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, but I think "Air" was doing that OK too even with the immediate plot in the way.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's one of those episodes that will work better when viewed back to back with the next one on DVD. Which let's be honest, in this day and age is probably the way most people are going to see it, in the long run.

As for comparisons to Air, it's really not a good idea to maintain that level of intensity over an extended period, otherwise the audience will get fatigued and loose all track of what's going on. *cough*Lost*cough*
Plus of course they'd run the risk of burning out too soon, leaving nothing for the season finale. *cough*Heroes*cough*

Hmm, better watch that cough, might be coming down with something. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed the episode as such, but then again I'm not that hard to please. I'm happy to have a new SG show on the air and one that looks this promising. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I
As for comparisons to Air, it's really not a good idea to maintain that level of intensity over an extended period, otherwise the audience will get fatigued and loose all track of what's going on. *cough*Lost*cough*

Yeah, just look at 24. The show is entertaining when you watch it week to week, but the premise becomes absolutely absurd when you watch it on DVD and what little suspension of disbelief there is evaporates.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blah. For my part, I hope it gets better. Promising is not a word I'd choose atm.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Dom DeLuise - Urgo/Captain Chaos (Dun dun DUNNN!)

^Corrected a noticeable absence of Him. [Wink]
FTW. Really need to watch that movie again.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps