Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$$ AVATAR $$$ or James Cameron made a film about some blue dudes (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$$ AVATAR $$$ or James Cameron made a film about some blue dudes
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt they took the wartime "sullen apathy" too far in Hurt Locker, like they shot each scene letter-by-letter from Boal's journalist notepad/diary.
They went out of their way to depart from a three-act routine, I appreciate the attempt to emulate Werner Herzog but the content wasn't artsy enough to validate the departure, just anticlimactic, and the minimal thriller-parts didn't compensate since I half-wanted the main punk to get his comeuppance for 75% of the movie. Not in a Björk-Dancer-in-the-dark-"Well that shut HER up"-kind of way, just that the mainguy's Top Gun "Maverick" schtick took up a lot of space.

Also, worst misuse of Ralph Fiennes ever, it's like they were so scared he would steal the new kid's thunder they threw him into a scene and pulled him away again like a theater prop, to illustrate the randomness of war. Same with Guy Pearce.
I'm sure the veterans and servicemen will like it, the only way it could've been more on the ground and in your face was if they'd gone Cloverfield and shot it all by camcorder POV.

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll start taking Ralph seriously when he starts pronouncing his name correctly.

I was listening to radio interviews with celebs on the red carpet at the oscars. The guy collared Guy Pearce and started with the in-depth questions on the film, it's financing and the US attitude to the war in general. Poor Guy kept trying as politely as possible to tell him he was only in it for a couple of minutes without giving out a spoiler about his obvious death at the start. It was like a Borat interview, very uncomfortable to listen to.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDIT: Forgot to rename the movie discussed for added returns. "Hurt Locker", naturally, is "Fart Knocker".
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps