Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ SGU 1x12 "Divided" $$

Author Topic: $$ SGU 1x12 "Divided" $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moral of the story: Don't try to take the ship from Young. It won't work.

Other news: The aliens might have teleport ability if they implanted that tracker in Rush without a scar. It is highly unlikely (and improbable) that they'd be able to completely heal a scar on a human being unfamiliar with their biology in such a short time.

The aliens really really want Destiny. We Haven't Seen The Last Of Them™

I missed the teaser as my dad didn't record it in time, so I started at act one. At least they explained how the stones got mixed up. Sort of. Why would the stone Rush had trump any others? They must be long-range only; that would explain why Rush was never swapped on the ship...?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Rush said that he DID have a scar?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I remember correctly, he implied that he had a scar by saying that Chloe didn't have one (and therefore couldn't have a tracker in her).
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it has to make sense if the stones have a minimum range. After all, ey wouldn't be much use if they just swapped the two people standing next to each other.

On e other hand, the whole system still seems buggy as hell. There's no control over who's on the other end and no way to know until you turn the system on.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here I went and deleted it off the PVR, so I can't go check... [Frown]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eli asked Rush who else knew about his implanted tracker; Rush replied "Chloe. I had to be sure she wasn't implanted too." Eli: "And?" Rush: "There was no surgical scar." Therefore he implied he had one.

I don't think Rush's stone "trumped" the others, I think it was simply that the alien was the last person to handle the stone. We've seen in SG1 that that's how the system works - the people who swap are the people who most recently handled the stones. The Tau'ri base station thing probably is just an on/off switch and doesn't modify the technology further than that (or why would they still use the same stones?).

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So do the blue aliens now have an ancient communication stone? If so, I wonder how Chloe was able to switch with the doctor from Earth...wouldn't her signal have been intercepted by the one on the alien ship?

I did see a nice comic strip that mentioned this episode and made me smile. A nice comparison of approaches in two SF shows.

http://www.reallifecomics.com/archive/100412.html

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. As shown in the previous episode during Rush's neural 'interrogation' into the alien's mind, the alien is shown handling a stone. In this ep Rush basically admitted that stone was his, which he'd taken and kept with him as some sort of insurance (possibly to make sure he would always be able to contact Earth even if the stones were locked up). He must've had it with him when he was on the planet Young left him on.

As for why Chloe was able to switch, I'd conjecture that either Rush got it back on the way out, or, again, that since the stones work based on who last handled them, a human back on Earth handled a stone more recently than the alien - or, as somebody else conjectured (can't remember who), that the stones have a minimum range (which does make sense, no sense popping ten feet to the right instead of across the universe) and one of the attacking alien ships was the one on which the stone resides.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched this episode. It was a good one!! [Smile] Thought it might have been a bit dull as the start with the wandering halls etc. made me think it was going to be a 'wah wah i got abducted now i'm all pouty' story - and now i've watched it - it TOTALLY wasn't!

I'm really loving how this ship feels totally... 'real' if that makes sense. Stargate have ALWAYS had fantastic sets and The Destiny is definitely a fine set!

Oh I also love the music in this series, but I think i've said that many times before.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps