Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ SGU 1x17 Pain $$

Author Topic: $$ SGU 1x17 Pain $$
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Powerful opening scene before the 'credits' (that five second AAAAAA sound).

Creepy episode.

I thought Ming-Na did a good job being a terrified wounded civilian.

They dropped out of FTL, so I guess they must be in a new galaxy now.

Young said for Scott to get a team ready to go offworld; surely offship is a better term?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weakest episode so far, in my opinion. Sort of like "Shades of Gray" sans the slideshow of previous adventures. Also, I know its called FTL, but Christ were those galaxies a few feet from each other?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the last episode covered a fair portion of the gap in about three weeks, so we can just assume another three or four weeks have passed since where nothing much happened.

As for the term "off world" I think it just falls into the realms of common usage, so it needn't be strictly accurate. Like using the term "atmospheric re-entry" when you're landing on a planet you didn't actually take off from.

P.S. Am I a bad person for wanting the hallucination where Scott gets his skull smashed open to be true? Something about that guy bugs me (the character, not the actor.)

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Like using the term "atmospheric re-entry" when you're landing on a planet you didn't actually take off from.

Which also bugs me a lot [Big Grin]

I didn't have any emotional reaction to Scott being apparently severely injured or killed at all, negative or positive. He could leave the show entirely and I don't think I'd notice.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Chloe lost her dad again. In the word's of Nelson Muntz from The Simpsons, "Haw-Haw".

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps