Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Arc Attack @ Makers Faire 2010

Author Topic: Arc Attack @ Makers Faire 2010
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dual Tesla coils + square wave output + Gallifrey = win.

Makes me pine for my old 1991 Gameblaster soundcard.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm...middle eight, I've been missing that from the new series.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, not a fan of the new titles... this was by FAR the best of them all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2oCK89xxNQ
(beware its the extended version - but still great!)

Of course I also like the David Tennant version - but there's just something awesome about the Davison one.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh the new one is growing on me just fine, I just always miss the middle eight when they take it out, which they seem to do about every other time for some reason.

Can't say which is my favourite, they're all pretty similar in an incremental kind of way. I do have a soft spot for the Sylvester McCoy theme though as that's the one that was still on the telly when I were a lad.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the new Matt Smith theme, I like the male choir work and the spooky main line, but the beginning of it, with those eight horn notes building up before the chorus, sounds like the worst kind of "Hollywood", jingoistic Hans Zimmer cheese.

Of course, the Eccleston- and Tennant-themes were all war themes, so I can understand wanting to change tracks a bit. I just wish this new one would've at least stuck the middle eight in the end credits. Maybe they'll release some extended version for a christmas special?

By the way, I found another version of the Arc Attack version, with better recording equipment and richer bass.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps