Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Cowboy Bebop - models/schematics/renderings of the Bebop?

Author Topic: Cowboy Bebop - models/schematics/renderings of the Bebop?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After rewatching a few episodes of this old gem of a show, I remembered how I've always hated not getting proper views of a ship I like, not getting a feel for its shape. Seeing the intact and flying Horseshoe Ship in "Prometheus" was a dream come true, and now I'm wondering if any of you manga-heads and anime buffs are sitting on any schematics or CGI pics of the Bebop ship? Not the Swordfish or the Redtail, they're advertised well enough.

She's grown on me over the years. 140 meters long, almost as big as the Defiant, and with enough rooms and corners to swallow both the Millennium Falcon and Serenity in it. And it's amphibious. But I've never seen the ship from all angles, all three views I've seen seem to describe a different ship. I was hoping someone here had something a little more concrete than screenshots?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll hunt around for you- there was a Bebop model some time back but it's never been reissued and goes for a couple hundred easy if yuo can find her.

Also, it's not 142 meters long- no way.
Look at the (11ish meters long) Swordfish docking or launching- it's larger in relation to the Bebop than possible for the 142 meter long figure to make sense.
Same with the bridge- it does not seem that large that, when combined with the rest would make such a large scale ship.

On the other hand, the "Ganemede Lobster" episode makes the ship seem quite large so...

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh cool. I got the figure from the bebop-wiki, but you're right, it does seem a bit high, that's almost like a WWII battleship.

Can you believe I still haven't seen all the episodes? I've seen about eight, and not the movie. They're all being rereleased for bluray this christmas, so I'm waiting until then to rewatch it all. Take screens too. Btw, really cool if you could get at least pics of the box and the parts, but I don't think I'd afford more than 80$ for it right now, considering shipping to scandinavia.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had the series on DVD for years and saw the movie (fucking amazing!) in a local theatre. That show never gets old- and the animation is still way better quality than most anything made today.
Unfortunately my movie copy went AWOL and I have not been able to find another copy...

Such a great series- check Hulu for it.

As to the Bebop model itself, it's so damn rare that I've never seen one built- only a pic or two of the parts. I think it was resi and a Japan only release.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps