Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The Lord of the Rings

Author Topic: The Lord of the Rings
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the first footage/trailer comes out on April 7!! Can you believe it... I have been following its (the movies') production for a while now at the smashing http://www.TheOneRing.net site... and the trailer will be at the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy movie site http://www.lordoftherings.net.

BUT!

I don't know if I want to see it... seeing too much footage of Generations and The Phantom Menace just to name a few really spoilt the movies for me... I've seen NO production photos only some sketches... I really don't want to see anything until I sit in the movie theatre - I have seen two pics though - well half pics - they are the two on the front page of the official site - and wow! That's all I think I want to see... *drool* *gasp* *wow* *butterflies* *shortness of breath* *grins*

I can't wait...

Andrew

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
ON MY BIRTH DAY!!!!

THANK GANDALF FOR THIS GIFT!!!!

err...just got carried away again

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew they were making a LotR movie, but I haven't really followed it. Are they staying true to the books, or, like the traditional book-based movie, rewriting everything from scratch and just keeping the names?

------------------
me: "I need a new sig..."
CC: "Well create one."
-why I don't have a real signature

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Previous LotR discussion was held in the General SF forum, and I think this probably belongs there too. The place could use the traffic.

------------------
"What did it mean to fly? A tremor in your soul. To resist the dull insistance of gravity."
--
Camper Van Beethoven

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!

------------------
"Time is but a window. Death is but a door. I'll be back."

- Vigo the Carpathian, Ghostbusters II.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of trailers and Gandalf, is the X-Men-trailer very revealing? It started showing on our cinemas two weeks ago. should I cover my eyes?

------------------
-At least I can get it up without biomechanical pumps.
-Try falling into a pit of lava, Moffy. Then see how horny you feel.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, here's something interesting... Voyager's own crazy crewman, Lon Suder (Brad Dourif), will be playing Wormtongue...

------------------
"Good. I'll look forward to your report, Mr. Broccoli."
-Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, TNG: "Hollow Pursuits"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who the **** is Wormtongue: LotR (I've read the Dutch version, so don't blame me)? X-men?

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wormtongue was Saruman's lackey.

------------------
"Time is but a window. Death is but a door. I'll be back."

- Vigo the Carpathian, Ghostbusters II.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

In Dutch that is: Slangtong -> Snaketongue

------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps