Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Beast Wars tournament game

Author Topic: Beast Wars tournament game
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anybody else hear about this game? I just read about it in Nintendo Power. It's called "Beast Wars: Transmetals," a tournament fighting game with 8 characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Cheetor, Airazor, Megatron, Tarantulas, Waspinator, and Terrosaur (they all have transmetal bodies, even the ones who didn't have it in the show). Each of them have a vehicle mode and a beast mode, and there are some other bonuses such as minigames and a Toy Mode. You can also unlock secret characters such as Megatron X, Ravage, and Starscream (they didn't say it, but I see Black Arachnia and Tigatron in the screen shots).

------------------
"One more day before the storm
At the barricades of freedom!
When our ranks begin to form
Will you take your place with me?"
--Enjolras, "One Day More," Les Miserables

[This message has been edited by Tora Ziyal (edited April 30, 2000).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are two versions, one for N64, the other for Playstation, both of which look very different. And they have different characters. Primal, Megs, Ratti, Cheets are in both, but I think the non-show Transmetals (Rhinox, Air-razor), might only be in one. I think that Depth Charge and/or Rampage might only be in one or the other too. And possibly Starscream.

I'll have to get the PSX one anyway, since I can't play US N64 carts. Don't know if it's any cop (at least they used the Transmetals. God help us if they used the Beast Machines forms, or, even worse, that shrine to all things ugly that is Transmetal II Cheetor. *Shudder*)

------------------
*Amusing quote not available, please call back later*

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and I think that Silverbolt (pra pa!) and Quickstrike ("do I actually have a line this episode? Or do I jsut snigger? Snigger. Okay") are only in the Playstation version too.

------------------
*Amusing quote not available, please call back later*

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverbolt is in the PSX version?? Aww...I have an N64 but not PSX.

------------------
"One more day before the storm
At the barricades of freedom!
When our ranks begin to form
Will you take your place with me?"
--Enjolras, "One Day More," Les Miserables

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps