Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Aliens vs Predator...

Author Topic: Aliens vs Predator...
Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who here likes the books and game?
I just got the game last weekend and other than the load time and some control problems, it's great!
I've read the books and had them for years, and like the whole premise of the story line.

The set up is plausiable unlike some crossover stories I've seen [DC/Marvel for instance ] and the books actually mesh with other books instead of making inconsistancies... anyhoo, who likes this?

------------------
Ex-Admin at the TrekBBS.com

Cute, cuddly, widdle teddy bears usually will eat you alive unless you can prove you're a god.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to...I don't mean that as a slam or anything. But now I just find the whole thing a bit too forced, like when Dark Horse publishes its Terminator/Species/Aliens/Predator/Wonder Twins comics.

------------------
It's not my birthday
It's not today
It's not my birthday so why do you lunge out at me?
--
They Might Be Giants
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! I'll give you a cookie.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, but about the game: yo quiero Marine vs. Alien deathmatch. Damned creepy, though.

------------------
It's not my birthday
It's not today
It's not my birthday so why do you lunge out at me?
--
They Might Be Giants
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! I'll give you a cookie.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you bought the game a couple of weeks ago, I hope you bought the new "Gold"-version. The old one needs patches.

Yes, damned creepy. I had trouble playing as marine, cuz I didn't want to meet any aliens, they're so fast.

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The game looks cool...

Mostly, I read the comic books. I have the entire series of Alien-Predator.

My brother collects the toys, which pretty much rock.

------------------
"The lies I told are not falsehoods according to my definition of truth." Bill Clinton
"All stupid people are liberals, because they don't know any better." Rob Rodehorst
"Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups" - Dilbert, Scott Adams

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the Gold Edition (w/o realizing it til I was out of the shop) so I have the patches. I rarely read the comics and prefer the books so I know I'm missing out on some stuff.
BTW: Being the Marine is tough.

------------------
Ex-Admin at the TrekBBS.com

Cute, cuddly, widdle teddy bears usually will eat you alive unless you can prove you're a god.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys forgot about the Arcade game which bears the same name. It's really cool, trust me (despite the fact that it's probably 10 years old now).

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Teelie
Member # 280

*totally forgot the arcade game*

I've played it, and it is old, but it's still cool.

I haven't seen one in years though.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps