Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » You shitting me??? SeaFIRE???

Author Topic: You shitting me??? SeaFIRE???
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-Here in Sweden they are airing the first season of "SeaQuest 2032" (that is, the first season with Michael Ironside) and during my recent vacation I used to watch it if I wasn't doing anything else.

Just now, after looking around after a 3d-mesh of the SeaQuest, I found a heavy site dedicated to "SeaFire ASV". Since meine country doesn't import TV-shows until they're four years old, I wouldn't have known about this had I not stumbled over it.

Now, I have some questions:

1: Is this a regular 45-min Sci-Fi-Show or longer 90-min TV-movies, since they've dragged Harrison Ford and Will Smith into the fray? The site I found showed that only about eight ep's have been made...

2: Is it any better than the old series? They HAVE beefed up every single vehichle present in the old series, added more sexy teenagers and some drawing cards.

3: I think "SeaQuest 2032" borrowed an idea from DS9 and fixed up a nice big war in the beginning of that show. It sounded like they stuck to that, I think I even saw this new ship be classified as a battleship!!! So is the war-theme still playing?

4: Have they rid themselves of that Forrest Gump of a dolphin yet, or does he still get to swim around everywhere, harassing people?

5: Has Mr. Ford found his way back to the "Han Solo" way of acting or is he the same goody two-shoes sissy that he's been for the last ten years? (Ok, maybe I'm being a bit harsh)

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are shittin' you man.

If you're talking about This page you should note that the description of the page is

quote:
Beneath the Surface, Fight for the Future. SeaFire ASV - The Definitive seaQuest Fan Fiction Website.

It's not real, although it looks damn nice for a fan fiction site.

Harrison Ford and Will Smith clinched it for me, though, as niether of them would do TV, and if they did, they'd cost more than the cast of 'Friends' in one episode.

------------------
"Ultra Magnus is Undeniably Fun!" David Stevens, New York Magazine.
"Total Complete excitement from start to finish!" -WPIX-TV, New York
"This isn't a thrill ride, it's a rocket..." -Richard Caves, Time Magazine.

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited August 06, 2000).]

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, these crazy kids impressed the hell out of me, but they have some explaining to do for a name like "Julius Verne." Ouch.

And Lucas Wolencek goes from peacenik to tactical expert?

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I THOUGHT THOSE EPISODES HAD WILD NAMES!!! Wow! Impressive, to build up such an illusion, probably from just a daydream. But kinda sad... Though it probably looks good sitting in the portfolios of these guys.

Well, I guess that's the end of this thread...
Unlessss...
Could some merciful soul point me to a nice lightwave model of the seaquest? <

------------------
How dare you, Dangerboy?

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that is a rather impressive site, I could understand how one would confuse it for an official site thinking it was a real show.

------------------
Thornbird: "I'm Major Robert Thornbird. And you are?"
O'Neill: "Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise."
This post sponsered in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, if I was that good with graphics and photomanipulation, my ST:L site would make you think it was Series V

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 07, 2000).]

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm completely impressed. That is amazing work, it looks real. Wish I could do that.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
2: Is it any better than the old series? They HAVE beefed up every single vehichle present in the old series, added more sexy teenagers and some drawing cards.

Despite what you're reffering to be being fan fiction, seaQuest only had only one good season, Season 1. Everything else is pretty awful stuff in comparison.

Rob Schneider was the heart and soul to the series. And he gave his best performance in the first season, when the plots were very nice, scientifically sound, and entertaining. In the second season, and definently the third, the writing became next to drivvel (Aliens threaten the world, and submarine can save us ...) and acting suffered because.

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob Schnieder...as in the SNL guy?

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's too bad his name isn't Rog. I could've made a great Old English joke.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I really want a flying pogo-stick." - Antag

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roy Scheider, Rob's dad, I think....

I, too, was an enormous fan of sQ's first season. And I, too, wish seasons two and three never happened.

------------------
"...I was just up in Canada, Toronto actually. You know, they really hate you guys [Americans] up there? The funny thing is, they think you hate them back, when in fact, you just couldn't be bothered to care. Now in Ireland, it's a different story. At least we had the common decency to wait until the English invaded before we started hating them. I guess the Canadians are hating you in advance..."
-Irish Comic Ed Byrne on Canada-US relations

Nim
Member # 205

Roy Scheider = Jaws

Rob Schneider = Hollywood Gigolo

They're not related.
It would be hilarious to see Michael Ironside give the command over to Rob Schneider, though.

------------------
How dare you, Dangerboy?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps