- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[URL removed]

based on Nebari Chiana

------------------

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited August 27, 2000).]

IP: Logged
Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice site, but not really my taste. Too bad I can't see Farscape more.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm...this is spam, sorry.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'd like to have a hard one, though..." - Fabrux

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to offend, and because despite being registered here since Janurary, I don't know all the rules and idiosyncracies of the board from not being a more consistant visitor until now, but how is posting his link in here spamming compared to posting it in your signature?
Or did he post it in several forums and I haven't seen it yet?

------------------

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited August 27, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posting for the sake of advertising a URL is spam. Posting a useful message with a URL in it isn't.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'd like to have a hard one, though..." - Fabrux

Teelie
Member # 280

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He means that if you post an URL without any reason, other than that you think it's kinda cool, it differs from talking about something you really care about and posting an URL that is relevant, adds to the topic and maybe even becomes asked for by the other people in the thread.

Some forums have loads and loads of threads just starting with "HEY!!! U GOTTA CHECK THIS OUT!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK PLEEEZ!!!" and then nothing more.
Some even do it just to get hits to their own webpage so they can show it at lunch-break the other day, or sumth'n.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus, he wrote "kewl", which is unforgivable.

This sort of behaviour is unforgivable. PLus, people should update their websites more often. Yes. Don't do it.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited August 27, 2000).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps