Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » DragonBall and Anime music

Author Topic: DragonBall and Anime music
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damnit, damnit, damnit. Why does EVERY Anime series have great theme music. Pokemon, DragonBall, hell, even Samuria Pizza Cats.

Anyway, I've found great Realplayer clips of the three Pokemon intros (the third one is great. I'm dreading what the English version will sound like). For DragonBall though, I've only found a Quicktime (yuck) clip of the DragonBall Z theme (Chala Head Chala, what the HFIL does that mean anyway?). Being Quicktime, the quality is a bit, well, shite. Does anyone know where I can find good Realplayer or MPEG versions (I've got a realaudio version, but I want to see the pictures damnit), of the various Dragonball Z openings (with Vegeta and Nappa in shadow, and, er, whatever the others are), and the original and DBGT?

Thanks.

(You know, I own the Japanese Pokemon CD? And I play it loudly in my car. I get pointed at a lot. Sad, isn't it?)

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you want the video, or will just the music suffice? Try Napster, I guess.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to know a good number of DBZ sites before one of my (numerous) computer wipes lost the urls.
Still, I may be able to track a few down with those clips.
I'll get back to you.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to have them as well!

------------------
"Godzilla. Accept no expensive imitations."
- Eric Tolle, Usenet.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No! Me want pictures!

I've got a MP3 of the Chala Head Cha la theme. I want the movie. In a format that's non-crap and non-Quicktime (which is the same thing, really).

Oh, and someone telling me what the HFIL Cha La Head Cha La means would be great to.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, you LIKE the Pokemon theme music?

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, you LIKE the Pokemon theme music?

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Are we not listening? I like the Japanese Pokemon music. The music used in the show is all original Japanese stuff (and straight from the game) as is great. It's much better than DBZ, where they got someone to hit a synth a few times, instead of keeping the original music.

But the original Japanese theme tunes are great too. Especially season 1 (the Indigo League) and season 3 (the Jolt League). I like them enough to actually say "fab", which is worrying.

But I'm looking for the DBZ theme at the same quality. Please? Anyone?

(And the US track "Double Trouble"'s not bad. But pretend I didn't say that. It's embarrassing for me.)

------------------

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the Japanese theme sound anything like the American ones?

------------------
"Poetic souls delight in prose insane."
--Lord Byron

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

For DBZ, no. For Pokemon, not really. You could argue that the first one is of a similar "style" to the first US one, but it's not really that close.
The title sequences are different too. For DBZ, the US one mainly uses clips from the movies. For Pokemon, it's all shuffled around with other stuff in it. (For instance, the clip starts with Pikachu running under that girls skirt, and it ends with Ash/Sitoshi standing in the stadium). They tend to have a bit on an 80s feel, but in a good way.

The music's great though. And it has subtitles. In Japanese admitedley, which isn't that useful (although it does have the occasional English word).

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps