Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » "Andromeda" ships revealed

Author Topic: "Andromeda" ships revealed
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, boys & girls, the leak is on. Check it out:

Ascendant

There's also the rest of the designs listed here.

Way neat.

------------------
"There are three things I HATE, Jet: kids..pets..& women with attitudes. So WHY do we have all THREE on BOARD?!?"--Spike Spiegel

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
let the conflict begin: Defiant vs Andromeda

Andromeda vs Imperial Star Destroyer

Andromeda vs Wolverine, etc.

[This message has been edited by Xentrick (edited August 30, 2000).]

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking more in the lines of Ascendant vs. Vorlon Main Battleship or Ascendant vs. White Star or even Ascendant vs. Excalibur...

------------------
Tired of the name of your ship? Always thought that names like USS Frederickson or USS Sao Paulo were difficult to spell? Here is your chance to change that!

Introducing the new NX-2000 Renamer. It can create new names and numbers. Any text, any size, anywhere! You can also use it to change registry numbers. Always though that the number NX-59650 was to low? The Renamer can fix that! Always wanted to impress your friends on DS9 that you have an original Enterprise-D shuttle? The Renamer can change the number in mid-flight!

To order, please call us at: 0-800-CONFUSE

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does look like a gray version of an Vorlon ship, but nearly every ship design imaginable has been done in sci fi so it's no surprise it resemebles something.

Still looks nicethough

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, what a picture!!

I for one do not think it looks Vorlon, as if Vorlon-ships had a copyright on looking organic and streamlined.
To me, this ship is more "Centauri meets Minbari", you know?
'Cause the Centauri likes to decorate and make everything adorned (they even seem to put gold 'n jewels on their pulse-rifles!) and this ship reaks of wealth and fat resources... And the minbari likes to build their ships with many levels, like the whitestar. This ship has many levels.

I have never seen this show. Is it any good?
Or is it just the saame oold "let's put a bunch of people together from different places and planets. They should be different but work nicely as a team. Oh, and throw in a token-deviant too, a la "Alien"'s Ash/Bishop, or Data, or Odo, or Kai, or Dagwood, or Chewbacca, or Doc Zimmerman, or that virtual computer-bitch from that crap show about a sole ship full of colonist-teenagers surviving Harmagedon.

Do you know what TV-show that was?
I couldn't believe my ears when a former pal of mine said he and a friend was going to make a sci-fi movie themselves as their final project in...*can't translate swedish school-system*...let's say high-school. We were 18-19 yrs old.
Anyway, "THEIR" movie was to be about a lonely ship with a group of teenagers from earth, and they were to have a guide that was a mix between a hologram and T-1000. And there were to be dangerous aliens looking like furry "Predator"'s, and, oh, they could cloak too!!!
They skipped the project after a month. I never did hear why, but if I know that irresponsible, unorganized SOB at all, then I could imagine what went wrong...

Pardon me, my fever kicked me down memory lane like a bowling-ball...

Anyway, "Andromeda", hmm?

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andromeda hasn't even aired yet. It looks interesting, though.

I think the ship resembles a cross between the ship from Space Quest VI and the ship from Galaxy Quest.

But in a good way.

------------------
Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.
--
Ambrose Bierce
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! It's useless to struggle.

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4000+ crew? seems a little crowded.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless they have something unique planned, I doubt the show will ever convey a sense of actually having that many people on board.

------------------
Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.
--
Ambrose Bierce
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! It's useless to struggle.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Appearantly the ship is 1301 meter long. That should be just enough to put 4000+ crew in there.

------------------
Tired of the name of your ship? Always thought that names like USS Frederickson or USS Sao Paulo were difficult to spell? Here is your chance to change that!

Introducing the new NX-2000 Renamer. It can create new names and numbers. Any text, any size, anywhere! You can also use it to change registry numbers. Always though that the number NX-59650 was to low? The Renamer can fix that! Always wanted to impress your friends on DS9 that you have an original Enterprise-D shuttle? The Renamer can change the number in mid-flight!

To order, please call us at: 0-800-CONFUSE

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the writers who are over on Slipstream, the ship is a small city.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

the show doesn't air for another month, but people are already writing fanfiction?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps