Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Babylon 5

Author Topic: Babylon 5
nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only just started to watch B5 on the sci-fi channel and i was wondering why did susan ivanova leave B5 after the fourth season?

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The real reason? Claudia Christian wanted (& deserved) more cash. She didn't get it, so she walked.

The reason on the show? After Marcus's death, Susan needed time to "find herself" & so she was promoted to Captain & given command of one of the new Warlock-class destroyers for a year-long shakedown cruise.

------------------
"There are three things I HATE, Jet: kids..pets..& women with attitudes. So WHY do we have all THREE on BOARD?!?"--Spike Spiegel

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard a different story... I'd heard that there WAS a salary dispute, but that it was settled and she wasn't going to leave, but that there was some miscommunication and nobody told TBS, who didn't give her a new contract.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not TBS- TNT, and there's another spin to the story that they did know but she signed on "too late" or whatever and they turned her down.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when has Scifi channel run B5?

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not yet. Starts at 1900 EDT daily on 25 September. I believe they're actually showing the TNT films as well.

I'm still pissed at them for shitcanning "Good Vs. Evil," though....

------------------
"There are three things I HATE, Jet: kids..pets..& women with attitudes. So WHY do we have all THREE on BOARD?!?"--Spike Spiegel

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the UK the sci-fi channel is showing the B5 season 5 every weekday and season 3 on thursday and sundays.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Dark Uncle
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think TNT has syndication rights until Sept. then SciFi has it. Also heard that SciFi Chan. is going to show them in letterbox.If that is so I'll have to retape them.

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps