Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Dark Angel

Author Topic: Dark Angel
Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what did everyone else think of this new series? I personally liked it. It was well written, and the acting was good.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the chick is way hot. I like the attitude conflict it has: a girl who has grown up trying not to care about anything but can't escape the fact that she does. The idea that this guy (Captain Ransom) is going to keep trying to hunt her and the rest of them down is kinda neat, though it will quickly become unbelievable if she stays in that one city the whole time.

I recognize elements of several different storylines overlapping: any number of "dark future" movies, "Soldier" with Jurt Russell, Any show where you've got the action partner and the computer partner (Street Hawk, Viper, Mantis, etc.), The Fugitive. It seems like there were more, but you get the idea. It could be interesting as long as it doesn't become cliche.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just love Max!

I just hate waiting for it to show in our country

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. *And*, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!

- Commander Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah crap. It premiered last night. Anyone know if the pilot's airing on another channel later this week? I might get the channel.

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the pilot and thought it was great. It's almost like watching a comic book. Well an Image comic at least, hot babe, super-powers, apocolyptic (sp) near-future.

Unfortantly I have no clue how long it will last. Hopefully longer than Harsh Realm (another show I thought was cool). My guess is at least a season or two, but after the way they ditched HR I can't be too certain with Fox anymore.

------------------
Calvin: "Nothing spoils fun like finding out it builds character."
This post sponsered in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend taped it, and I watched the first fifteen minutes or so before I had to leave. It looks ok, I guess.

But the dialouge was apparently written by diseased gibbons who do all their scriptwriting via an Apple Newton.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I give the show 5 episodes before airing starts to become irregular. It's not because I don't like the show, it's because I have no faith in tv execs to recognize quality programming. They cancelled Freaks and Geaks, they cancelled Cold Feet and MYOB Yet they keep crap like Will and Grace and Titus. Errr.

i know all these weren't on Fox, but I'm speaking of TV execs in general.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must resist urge to pummel. I agree with your feelings on Will and Grace being crap but Titus is a great show. That is one of the funnest shows I have seen in a long time.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well, I watched it about as much as I've watched W&G so I'm certainly no expert. It just looked real dumb from what i saw of it. I'm more than willing to admit that I could be wrong.

------------------

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MYOB?, a little too hip for me, what with that "oh we're so cool, we talk to the audience" gimmick. Although i agree that most tv execs don't like the quality programming to stay in one place.

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude. She's bike messenger? OK, I'm smelling rich white people trying to make the show a little more "hip". And I'm sorry, but the Jamaican guy? What's up with that? I think her character's extreme attitude is pretty well acted. There wasn't much chemistry, but the relationships with her friends and the "Eyes Only" guy has potential. I love the Captain Ransom guy too. I like that she just leaves in the middle of some conversations, but overall, I wasn't too impressed.

------------------
"I�d say we have about three hours before we get a call from mister brain-bomb." - VIDROS

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps