Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Liquid Metal vs. Aliens

Author Topic: Liquid Metal vs. Aliens
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone watch the premier of the X-Files,
what does anyone think of the new man in Scully's life, T2000?

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I thought it was a pretty good pair of episodes.

Though...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Since when do the jaw-endowed bounty hunters die when you shoot them? Or did she manage to shoot him in the back of the neck. I can't remember.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$$$$

Yes, Scully nailed him in the neck. They can't heal that, and dissolve rather quickly. Which is a good thing, since that green stuff is deadly and you could tell she was feeling the effects.

------------------
Calvin: "Isn't that weird?? If computers can think, what will people be better at than machines?"
Hobbes: "Irrational behavior."
This post is sponsored in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Mr. Dogget's gonna need a new pair of shoes...

What I want to know is why the aliens take human form aboard their own spacecraft. Or why they all seem to have the same default form...

------------------
Francesca: He was born on the tundra, that's where he belongs. You'll kill him if you take him to Toronto.
Thatcher: That's a bit drastic, don't you think?
Francesca: Look, I've been to Toronto. Trust me, nothing can survive there. - "due South"

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They'd better go to "File" and click on "Properties" - they might be able to change their default settings there.

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Maybe they can import some cool skins!
"Look, S'Kebreb! Now I look like Spiderman!!!"

------------------
And keep your foot off that blasted samoflanche!

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Nimrod. The Bounty Hunter has been a part of X-Files for a long time. This way the actor can still play the role.

I'm still trying to figure out how it all comes together. First the killer bees which originally carried small pox, the movie changed it to carrying the DNA of the aliens to transfer it to a human host. The alien grows inside the human, bursts out the chest, a short while later changes from a cool black alien to a Hollywood gray. The grays have the ability to shape-shift. Then there's also the 'Faceless Rebels' that, iirc, kill both the grays and humans.

I know there are other facts, but apparently the overall story arc was made up as they went along instead of planning it out beginning to end.

------------------
Calvin: "Isn't that weird?? If computers can think, what will people be better at than machines?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't recall seeing anything to suggest the "grey" aliens and the shapeshifting folks were one and the same.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They aren't. However, can't the Greys make themselves look human, somehow, à la Duchovny's baseball episode?

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

Hobbes
Member # 138

That's what I was thinking. The baseball player was a shape-shifter that appeared as a gray towards the end when the Bounty Hunter came after him.

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't the rebels "faceless" (if by faceless you mean they've sticked up their, er, openings) to prevent the black oil getting inside them? And aren't they (kinda) the "good guys"? Good in the sense that they killed the conspiracy, and they only kill infected humans? Whereas the colonists want to, well, colonise. Possibly. Or wipe us out. Or do something scary with bees. Or make us think that the episode has actually caused a huge turning point in the story, even though, when you look back on it a year later, you realise that absolutley NOTHING changed!

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that's why the "faceless rebels" are faceless. Though I got the idea that they wanted their rebellion to succeed, regardless of whether or not they had to kill bystanding humans in the process. I could be wrong, though.

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps