Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The DIG

Author Topic: The DIG
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After an excruciatingly wonderful time with one of the most rewarding and joyful game-titles known to man, I've completed the adventure-game "The DIG" (from Lucasarts, 1995). Again. I experienced it in '95 too, but only by sitting next to the guy playing. This time, it was personal.

What I wonder is, except from the novelization by Alan Dean Foster, have there been, or will there be any further progress in the DIG-universe? There's so much more that could be done. A game-sequel, a movie, a series?

It felt so sad to remove the CD again, put it back in it's wrinkled box only to give it back to my brother who will stash it in the bottom of a box in his cellar-compartment...
Then perhaps in two or three years from now it will be gone, thrown on a garbage pile...

It would be nice to know if there's more.

-Hopeless romantic

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The adventure genre is, sadly, dead. I doubt there will ever be a sequel.

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
game-makers waste no time running out follow-ups. Some losers have been given unnecessary "Part II's", and winners spawn strings of siblings (Final Fantasy 7, anyone?)

If The Dig hasn't had a sequel by now, it never will.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're prolly right. But I wouldn't say it's dead. I can think of many new titles I like, but the Dig was one of the best...

Has anyone tried "The Longest Journey"? Very nice.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the adventure genre is not yet dead, its only resting.
But it is doubtful lucasarts will pick up on a DIG sequal. Mostly because it was generally put down as one of the less good (me bad english) adventure games from LucasArts by most critics (i liked it though, but ending a little hokey). Also, i don't think Dig was as successful as other LUcasrarts adventures (primarily Monkey Island, and some of the older titles)

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

Nim
Member # 205

Yes, probably because it was more serious and less satirical than the others...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps